1 & 2 Peter and Jude: A Critical & Exegetical Commentary Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
This is a phrase-by-phrase commentary & exposition of the New Testament books of 1 & 2 Peter and Jude. This commentary is in use as a college textbook, yet is suitable for the lay church member. The author seeks to harmonize the teachings of these NT books with other relevant NT Scripture. The epistles of Peter and Jude provide Christians wtih guidance on how to rightly respond to suffering, trials and persecution; provide instruction to church leaders on how to shepherd the congregations under their care; offer inspired teaching regarding God’s intended consummation of history; and respond to those who criticize the Christian doctrine presented by Jesus and His apostles.
This commentary is conservative, evangelical Christian in its outlook, yet skillfully examines the Scriptures from multiple theological viewpoints. The book includes Introductory Studies for each of the three NT epistles, covering authorship, date of writing, original target audience of the letter, historical background out of which the letter was written, and the original author’s purpose for writing the letter. This commentary presumes the God-inspired nature of all Biblical writing, and so helpfully examines the original language in which the epistles were written.
This volume continues the author’s series of commentaries on the books of the New Testament written from the unique standpoint of the Restoration Movement, a position which allows him to approach Scripture with no special theological doctrine or dogma to defend and explicate. This approach provides an unhindered freedom to listen to what the Holy Spirit would tell us within the pages of the sacred Scriptures. By deliberately employing the time-honored grammatico-historical method of interpretation, the Word of God is allowed to impress upon our minds the intent the Divine Author had in mind.
The epistles of Peter and Jude can play a key role in the 21st century church’s attempt to correct the cultural drift and to arrest the slide into gnostic-like New Age ideas that have become part of the average man’s worldview. The religion taught by Jesus and His apostles is still the “grace of God” - “stand firm in it!” and “contend earnestly for the faith once for all delivered to the saints!” Included in this commentary is a fully annoted bibliography of other commentaries on these NT books so that readers are encouraged to continue their own study of the teachings of Peter and Jude.
The author is Professor Emeritus of the New Testament at Central Christian College of the Bible (Moberly, MO).
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $8.40. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.