2003 Annual Review of Development Effectiveness Ebook
The Effectiveness of Bank Support for Policy Reform
Publication Date: July 2004
File Size: 1587 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
Annual Review of Development Effectiveness 2003 examines the effectiveness of Bank support for developing country policy reform. The report finds that reform has been widespread across countries during the last few years and across a wide spectrum of policy areas. Countries that improved their policies over this period-on average- achieved substantially higher per-capita economic growth than those that did not. The report also finds that Bank support has contributed to reform in a number of cases. But there are also cases where the Bank’s support has not been associated with improvements in the policy environment. This is especially noticeable in countries with no track record at all-or an inconsistent or deteriorating record-of policy reform. Several countries have absorbed large amounts of adjustment lending with only mixed results on reform and a substantial increase in indebtedness. The report finds, in conclusion, that management should consider ways to better customize its support to clients’ needs and should explore pilot mechanisms to introduce a more direct linkage between its support and results in terms of poverty reduction.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $13.23. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.