50 Museums to Blow Your Mind Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Thank the stars for the world’s eccentric collectors; hoarders of objects beautiful, strange or downright odd. It is these documentors of the great and trivial – who want to show us all something wonderful about their collections and share the insights into humankind each of them illuminates – who have created the most fascinating, wonderful and precious museums the planet has to offer.
Boggle at the enormity of space, get nostalgic at childhood memories or be dumbstruck by the International Museum of Toilets… Whether you’re a history buff, tech-head or have an inexplicable fascination with clowns, you’ll find world-class collections here to pique your interest.
Never drag your heels around a dull museum again!
Then & now // History museums
- Acropolis Museum // Greece
- British Museum // UK
- Forbidden City // China
- Goethe House & Goethe Museum // Germany
- Imperial War Museum // UK
- Museum of Alchemists & Magicians of Old Prague // Czech Republic
- Museum of Mummies of Guanajuato // Mexico
- National Museum of Anthropology // Mexico
- Old Operating Theatre Museum & Herb Garret // UK
- Prison Gate Museum // The Netherlands
- Sir John Soane’s Museum // UK
- Styrian Armoury // Austria
- Torture Museum // The Netherlands
- Vasa Museum // Sweden
- Viking Ship Museum // Norway
- Whitney Plantation // USA
The world around us // Natural history museums
- Kunstkamera // Russia 6
- Messner Mountain Museum // Italy
- Sarawak State Museum // Malaysia
- Smithsonian Institution // USA
Human creativity // Art & culture museums
- American Classic Arcade Museum // USA
- Belgian Brewers Museum // Belgium
- Burlesque Hall of Fame // USA
- Coffee Museum // Brazil
- Erawan Museum // Thailand
- Ghibli Museum // Japan
- Grammy Museum // USA
- The Green Vault // Germany
- Museum of Childhood // UK
- Musical Instruments Museum // USA
- Soumaya Museum // Mexico
- Vodka Museum // Russia
Things that go // Science & technology museums
- Bicycle Museum of America // USA
- Big Hole & Open Mine Museum // South Africa
- Exploratorium // USA
- National Maritime Museum // France
- National Rail Museum // UK
- New Mexico Museum of Space History // USA
- New York City Fire Museum // USA
- Pencil Museum // UK
- Porsche Museum // Germany
- Sewer Museum // France
- Sulabh International Museum of Toilets // India
Peculiar passions // Quirky museums
- Avanos Hair Museum // Turkey
- Clown Hall of Fame & Research Centre // USA
- Cupnoodles Museum // Japan
- Gopher Hole Museum // Canada
- International Cryptozoology Museum // USA
- Museum of Broken Relationships // Croatia
- Watermelon Museum // China
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world’s leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet. Lonely Planet’s mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’- New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It’s on everyone’s bookshelves; it’s in every traveller’s hands. It’s on mobile phones. It’s on the Internet. It’s everywhere, and it’s telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)
Note: The digital edition of this book is missing some of the images found in the physical edition
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $10.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.