A Case Study in Visual Agnosia Revisited: To see but not to see Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Visual agnosia is a rare but fascinating disorder of visual object recognition that can occur after a brain lesion. This book documents the case of John, who worked intensively with the authors for 26 years after acquiring visual agnosia following a stroke. It revisits John’s case over twenty years after it was originally described in the book To See But Not To See , in 1987. As in the previous book, the condition is illuminated by John and his wife, Iris, in their own words.
A Case Study in Visual Agnosia Revisited_ discusses John’s case in the context of research into the cognitive neuroscience of vision over the past twenty years. It shows how John’s problems in recognition can provide important insights into the way that object recognition happens in the brain, with the results obtained in studies of John’s perception being compared to emerging work from brain imaging in normal observers. The book presents a much fuller analysis of the variety of perceptual problems that John experienced, detailing not only his impaired object recognition but also his face processing, his processing of different visual features (colour, motion, depth), his ability to act on and negotiate his environment, and his reading and writing.
A Case Study in Visual Agnosia Revisited_ will be a key reference for those concerned with understanding how vision is implemented in the brain. It will be suitable for both undergraduate students taking courses in cognitive psychology and neuropsychology, and also researchers in the cognitive neuroscience of vision. The presentation of John’s case, and the human aspects of the disorder, will also be of great interest to a general audience of lay people interested in perception.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $51.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.