A Good Start in Life Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
“It was time for such a text to be published,” writes Jerome Kagan of Harvard University in his foreword to A Good Start in Life, “and Elinore and Norbert Herschkowitz have performed this service for the parents of millions of infants who will be born this year.” One of the world’s leading pediatric neuroscientist-clinicians, Dr. Norbert Herschkowitz of Switzerland and his American-born wife, the educator-writer Elinore Chapman Herschkowitz, M.A., distill a lifetime studying infants and children into an enchanting exploration of how brain development shapes your child’s personality and behavior. With boundless warmth for parents, delight in children, and scrupulous respect for science, these remarkable authors weave psychological and biological knowledge into a seamless tapestry. A Good Start in Life covers the child from birth to age six; each chapter ends with a Q & A touching on new ideas that parents bring up during Dr. Herschkowitz’s public lectures. Charts showing milestones for children’s development of various abilities are also included. Most special about this book is the extensive attention the authors give, at every stage, to how children learn to live together in family and society. They tell parents how important it is to communicate to a child that he or she is a family member, part of a team with both privileges and responsibilities. “When children believe they are contributors,” the Herschkowitzes say, “they are less needy for repeated reminders that they are loved or for material signs to persuade them of their value.” An inspiring look at babies and brain science, A Good Start in Life cannot fail to both deepen parents’ affection for their children and raise the optimism they bring to their unique life assignment.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $7.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.