A Mathematical Treatment of Economic Cooperation and Competition Among Nations, with Nigeria, USA, UK, China, and the Middle East Examples Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: September 2005
File Size: 101243 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
(E-Books do not include any DVD or CD with the purchase.)
The book presents a careful mathematical study of Economic Cooperation and Competition among Nations. It appropriates the principles of Supply and Demand and of Rational Expectations to build the dynamic model of the Gross Domestic Products of two groups of nations which are linked up together.
The first group consists of Nigeria, the US, the UK and China. The second group is made up of Egypt, the US, Jordan and Israel. The link connecting the four nations of each group is mirrored in the net export function which is broadened to include trade, debts and the inflow or the outflow of wealth from the competing and cooperating nations. This realistic models of the four interacting GDP’s, a hereditary differential game of pursuit are validated with historical data from International Financial Statistic Year Book. The Mathematical model is then studied for controllability: from a current initial GDPs a better state can be attained using government and private strategies which are carefully identified. We use regression and differential equation methods to test whether the four countries are competing or cooperating. The consequences of competition or cooperation are explored. Cooperation can be realized and the growth of wealth assured because the system is controllable and we can increase the growth of GDP and then increase the coefficient of cooperation. The outcome may be unbounded growth of wealth for all concerned – the triumph of cooperation. With analogous simple examples the book shows that sufficiently cooperating systems grow unbounded and competing ones are either bounded at best, or become extinct in finite time. If competition is small, i.e., limited, or regulated the GDP’s need not be extinct even after a long time. This results are in contrast with popular opinion which advocate competition over cooperation. The detailed policy implication of the cooperation analysis at one time or the other were advocated by Pope John Paul II, President Clinton and President Bush. The mathematical message is clear: the strategy of cooperation is the best way in an Interconnected World: Cooperation triumphs over competition.
The same type of analysis allows the book to argue through modeling that prosperity, internal peace and harmony can flourish in Nigeria among the old three regions and the newer six geopolitical regions. The same is true for the four powerful states in the Middle East.
Thus the author’s refreshing approach is the “scientific” treatment of cooperation and competition models of the gross-domestic product of two groups of nations- Nigeria, the USA, the UK, and China, and the USA, Egypt, Jordan and Israel. Attempts are made to provide “scientific” answers to broad national policies. It allows predictions of growth to be made with some degree of accuracy for up to 4 years. MATLAB and Maple programs in accompanied CD are provided. The author’s individual nations economic models are cited. The dynamics are ordinary and hereditary games of pursuit also cited from the original earlier writings of the author are models of the economic state of each nation – a vector of six things – the gross domestic product (GDP) (y), interest rate R; employment (or unemployment) (L), value of capital stock (k), prices p(t), and therefore inflation and cumulative balance of payment (E). Each economic state is isolated except the impact of export function on aggregate demand.
The main difference between this earlier contributions and this book is the link and its apparent policy implications and consequences.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $196.45. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.