A Risk Management Approach to Business Continuity Ebook
Aligning Business Continuity with Corporate Governance
Publication Date: July 2010
File Size: 64661 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 15.11% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
(E-Books do not include any DVD or CD with the purchase.)
First Practical Guide to Integrating Risk Management,Business Continuity Management and Corporate Governance From Two World-Renowned BCM Pioneers Who Have Served on the British Standards Institution (BSI) Team Creating a British and International Standard for Risk Management. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is currently developing disaster preparedness standards for businesses. DHS is incorporating language from the British Standards Institution (BSI) because it “provides a management systems approach to business continuity and integrates risk management disciplines and processes.” The two authors of this now classic text in the field have been directly involved in developing those BSI standards. Here they bring you a distillation of their worldwide experience in pioneering the integration of the disciplines of risk management and business continuity. This practical guide is endorsed by: * The Business Continuity Institute * The Institute for Risk Management * Disaster Recovery Institute International It includes numerous helpful features: * Chapter objectives, summaries and bibliographies; charts, sample forms, checklists throughout * Plentiful case studies, in boxed text, drawn from enterprises around the globe, including the UK, US, Europe, Australia, Asia, etc. * Boxed inserts summarizing key concepts * Glossy of 150 risk management and business continuity terms * Timely topics, including stakeholder management, supplier management, outsourcing, the people factor, technology recovery, and communication, both internally and externally. * Wide range of challenges, including supply chain disruptions, media and brand attack, product contamination and product recall, bomb threats, chemical and biological threats, etc. * Instructions for designing/executing team exercises with role playing to rehearse scenarios * Guidance on how to develop a business continuity plan, including a Business Impact Analysis * Ideal for senior undergraduate, MBA, certificate, corporate training programs; in use at 50+ campuses worldwide * Instructor Materials on CD, including PowerPoint slides and syllabus for 12-week course with lecture outlines/notes, quizzes, reading assignments, discussion topics, projects * Authors with extensive international experience in all aspects of risk management and business continuity, having worked with organizations in a combined total of 50 countries The authors’ message is that risk management has become a strategic tool in managing all risk across an organization, and that BCM forms one more important tool in a much wider and coordinated risk management program. They are now complementary disciplines that must be understood and supported by your organization as a whole, including CEO’s, directors, non- executive directors, risk managers, continuity managers, internal and external auditors, investment managers, compliance managers, finance directors, human resource managers, project managers, regulators, corporate trainers and other stakeholders. After discussing the relationship between risk management and BCM, the authors take the reader through the business continuity management cycle: how to understand the organization and its culture; continuity strategies; how to develop and implement a business continuity response, including developing a Business Impact Analysis; building and embedding a business continuity culture; testing/exercising a plan, along with benchmarking, maintenance and audit. “This book is a must read for those senior managers, risk managers and continuity managers who have the vision to see both the new opportunities and the new responsibilities of business continuity management.” – George J. Mitchell, Chairman, DLA Piper Rudnick Gray Cary; Former Senate Majority Leader and U.S. Senator for Maine.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $67.06. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.