A Short History of the Long War: The Global Struggle Against Militant Islamism Ebook
Publication Date: March 2009
File Size: 7022 Kbytes
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
With the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, the world changed forever. But years later, many people are still unsure what led to such a hateful act or the implications of the world’s response.
The issues are controversial-just like the wars that have ensued in Iraq and Afghanistan. But it’s possible to begin to understand the global war on terrorism and the struggle for hegemony between East and West. In this book, you’ll learn about:
- The origins of militant Islamism;
- Past terrorist attacks;
- The world’s response after 9/11;
- The transformation of the military;
- The resurgence of Iran;
- Homeland security and the home front;
- And much, much more!
Join Michael Phelps, a longtime military historian, as he cuts through the media spin and explores the philosophies and events that have defined a generation in an extensive essay that considers all sides. Form your own opinions, but at least have access to the facts with A Short History of the Long War.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $6.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.