A Terrible Blue Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: June 2011
File Size: 58 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Description The book a terrible blue began as a novel and ended up as poetry. The long poem is about how I became a schizophrenic. It is the beginning mostly of our lives how mum lost her leg and how my family suffered. I wanted to put into words what I could not say about that period in my life every time I wanted to write about that time teachers would pooh pooh the idea. It wasn’t because I didn’t suffer but they couldn’t believe that someone like me suffered so much. I was comparing myself they thought with Sylvia Plath and putting on airs when mostly I just wanted to write what I could about that period. So the period was put in a draw and left to rot. Then last year I began to read the novel it was very bad but I liked bits of it, it had promise. So I began on my lap top to write the poetry that was in the book about that terrible period. I was doing a teaching course and I should have concentrated on that but I ploughed at them both and I have to retake the CELTA. Then near February I had to stop and do the course and I thought Terrible Blue would never get done. I worried at it but I could not write I had to do the CELTA. Then in April I restarted it. It turned out to be shorter than I thought but it has my early life in a nutshell. I am now lucky I finished it but it was touch and go it is a difficult subject it is a subject I wasn’t before qualified enough to write but now I am and I am glad I have written it. It is everything on a plate like winning a book which is always a great delight. About the Author Fatma Durmush started life as a dish washer in her father’s café. She began to wash dishes when the Greek helper was tired and Fatma said she’d help. Her father thought she was cheaper than the Greek lady and the Greek woman was fired. Fatma was ten years old. She stood on a wooden stool and that began years of washing. Durmush was always saying I want to go to University but she had no time to study. Her father was very ill with aggressive diabetes and had threatened to cut her mother’s head. So her mother was always frightened and so was Durmush. So began years of toil. Durmush wanted to write and do art but she was not only hampered by the café but she was also dyslexic. When she went to night school people laughed at her English and said her handwriting was the weirdest they had seen. Then her father slowly got better and the family began to think of other things other than mayhem and terror Durmush began to read and write but her father was well for about six months in a year the rest of the time he was either in a hospital or terrorizing the family. He could not help it he was plagued by demons and he saw things like queues of men at the door with her mother. Durmush’s career began to move when she was published in She but she could not repeat her success and so began years as a mental patient. It is the humour of being both a carer and a patient that is uplifting in this book. Durmush hopes that people will get something from it. It is an honest portrayal of the family as Durmush saw them as they were and as they appeared to her. For every writer sees differently the same things. Durmush has two sisters but she thought she would combine them that is the only thing she has changed…
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $9.47. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.