A Time to Speak: Speeches by Jack Reed Ebook
Publication Date: February 2009
File Size: 871 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 25.73% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
For more than fifty years, Jack Reed, Sr. (b. 1924) has been a voice of reason in Mississippi—speaking from his platform as a prominent businessman and taking leadership roles in education, race relations, economic and community development, and even church governance. Hardly one to follow the status quo, Reed always delivered his speeches with a large dose of good cheer. His audiences, though, did not always reciprocate, especially in his early years when he spoke out on behalf of public education and racial equality. His willingness to participate in civic affairs and his oratorical skills led him to leadership roles at state, regional, and national levels—including the presidency of the Mississippi Economic Council, chairmanship of President George H. W. Bush’s National Advisory Council on Education, and charter membership on the United Methodist Church Commission on Religion and Race. A Time to Speak brings together more than a dozen of Reed’s speeches over a fifty-year period (1956-2007). The Tupelo businessman discusses the events surrounding his talks about race relations within his church, his deep involvement in education with his close friend Governor William Winter and with President George H. W. Bush, and his own campaign for governor as a Republican in 1987. Danny McKenzie places this original material in historical context. A Time to Speak illustrates how a private citizen with courage can effect positive change. Danny McKenzie, a veteran Mississippi newspaper columnist, is the assistant to the president for marketing and development at Blue Mountain College. He is the author of Matters of the Spirit: Human, Holy, and Otherwise.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $22.28. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.