About Face: The Dramatic Impact of the Internet on Politics and Advocacy Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing 10 pages every 3 days is allowed.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: October 2009
File Size: 3282 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature is available.
- Printing 10 pages every 3 days is allowed.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 19.92% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
(E-Books do not include any DVD or CD with the purchase.)
The web is here to stay in political and advocacy campaigns and voters are forever changed in how they think about candidates and causes. About Face: The Dramatic Impact of the Internet on Politics and Advocacy reveals how authenticity, diversity, and on-demand campaign information are key elements in this new landscape. With the advent of social networks, it is increasingly about the faces of the voters and supporters and how they interact with the campaign and each other. Campaigns as never before are more about the authentic face of the candidate or advocate with digital capture devices everywhere. And finally political consultants have made an about face on the need to incorporate the web in their campaign strategies. About Face traces the most important trends in the political campaign environment including: the message and the messenger-reaching voters in a fragmented media environment, building community—the power of social media and the rise of the unofficial campaign, and advertising and search— targeting constituents, contributors, and voters. Twenty industry experts across the political spectrum focus on three questions: 1. What do voters expect? 2. What does a modern political or advocacy campaign look like? 3. What are the best ways to spend money on the Internet to multiply and enhance the value of dollars spent on traditional media such as television, cable, and radio ads, direct mail, phone banks, and yard signs? This book includes evidence from 2008 of what we now know was a significant turning point in campaign history. The stories of the Obama and McCain campaigns shine a light on how negative ads, humor, web video and grassroots efforts created an environment that encouraged engagement with the voters in new ways that often challenged the official campaign managers. E-Voter Institute research on voter expectations and attitudes of political consultants reveals that a significant gap between what campaign dollars are spent on and what actions voters expect candidates to take. How much longer will traditional media be the mainstay of campaigns? Will successful candidates be the ones who best figure out how to tap into the power of the web? How does the Internet change the rules for state and local political campaigns? Karen A.B. Jagoda, President of E-Voter Institute, edited this book with many of the chapters written by her as well. Research results from E-Voter Institute surveys taken with the support of HCD Research have been interspersed to provide additional background on emerging trends. Forward by Cyrus Krohn. Contributors include Robert K. Arena, Jr., Porter Bayne, T.A. Berg, Brent Blackaby, Christopher Borick, Corina Constantin, Shaun Dakin, Mark Davis, Colin Delany, Ben Katz, Glenn Kessler, Jason R. Krebs, Kevin Lee, Kathie Legg, Kevin O’Neill, Larry Ward, Ben Weisberg, and Tony Winders. The previous E-Voter Institute book is Crossing the River: The Coming of Age of the Internet in Politics and Advocacy, Karen A.B. Jagoda (Xlibris, 2005). Founded in 1999, E-Voter Institute is a non-partisan trade association and publisher whose mission is to help accelerate the use of the Internet in politics and advocacy. http://evoterinstitute.com
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $8.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.