Addiction Intervention: Strategies to Motivate Treatment-Seeking Behavior Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Addiction Intervention: Strategies to Motivate Treatment-Seeking Behavior shows you how to use the tools of intervention—the words, the steps, and the strategies—to be a change agent in the lives of individuals with alcohol and drug addictions. It is full of effective strategies and case studies coming from widely respected specialists across several disciplines. You’ll learn how you can get people to seek help for their chemical dependence, resolving the cause of their problems rather than temporarily fixing the symptoms or side effects of their addictions.
Whether you’re an alcohol and drug educator, intervention trainer, physician, nurse, social worker, employer, lawyer, judge, or counselor, Addiction Intervention will help you find ways to confront chemically dependent people and motivate them to change their lives. You will find the tools of intervention easier to wield than you might otherwise think as you read about:
- how physicians can assess symptoms using various diagnostic tools, initiate conversation with a patient, and overcome resistance to referral
- how clinical therapists can develop response-specific intervention strategies that are appropriate to clients’behavior pathology
- conducting effective performance-related workplace interventions
- the development and design of impaired professional committees
- alternative models for peer and administrative interventions
- the methodologies of student assistance programs and teams
- brief, structured therapy for the family of an addicted person
- recent changes in the criminal justice system that have encouraged judges to refer individuals to treatment
- the One-Stop Re-Employment Social Services Center
Addiction Intervention brings within your reach results-oriented intervention. Don’t continue to offer band-aid solutions or skirt around the real problem of addiction. This book will help you help people get their lives back on track permanently.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $35.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.