Adult Learning and Relationships Ebook
Publication Date: March 2011
File Size: 12531 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
A volume in Lifespan Learning The communication and technology revolution presents each age group of adults with new expectations for learning. This book describes how education for young adults (20 to 40 years of age), persons of middle age (40 to 60 years of age) and older adults (age 60 +) can be differentiated to fulfill changing role demands emerging in response to social transformation. Developmental tasks for a society of longevity are defined including why youth should be seen as essential sources of learning for adults. Themes for each generation are school, work, family, and personal identity. The way to ensure consideration of cultural evolution and cultural preservation is for intergenerational communication to become a common obligation. Reliance on age-segregated communication is popular and comfortable because peer conversations have greater agreement and less uncertainty. However, this practice prevents reflection on views regarded as important by other age groups. When greater amounts of time are devoted to intergenerational dialogue, the usual outcomes are reciprocal learning, mutual respect, and harmony. This book identifies and elaborates the conditions of learning needed to motivate an age-integrated society. This book is for several audiences. Faculty and students studying development will find insights on learning at successive ages. Counselors will learn about client needs across the full age range of adulthood. Social service providers will recognize transition in family relationships. Nurses and administrators will discover ways to help assisted living residents maintain mental abilities and build social networks. General readers will understand ways to improve life for relatives, friends, co-workers, and themselves.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $30.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.