Advances in Antiviral Drug Design Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
The purpose of the series on Advances in Antiviral Drug Design is to regularly review the “state of the art” on emerging new developments in the antiviral drug research field, thereby spanning the conceptual design and chemical synthesis of new antiviral compounds, their structure-activity relationship, mechanism and target(s) of action, pharmacological behavior, antiviral activity spectrum, and therapeutic potential for clinical use.
Volume 2 begins with a description of the antiviral potential of antisense oligonucleotides by J. Temsamani and S. Agrawal. According to the aims of the anitsense technology, these oligonucleotides should be targeted at specific viral antisense technology, these oligonucleotides should be targeted at specific viral mRNA sequences so that translation to the virus-specified proteins is blocked; this has been achieved for a number of oligomers, some of which are now in clinical trials for the treatment of HIV, HCMV, and human papilloma virus (HPV) infections.
Then C.-S. Yuan, S. Liu, S.F. Wnuk, M.J. Robins and R.T. Borchardt assess the role of S-adenosylhornocysteine (AdoHcy) hydrolase as target for the design of antiviral agents with broad-spectrum antiviral activity. This is followed by an in-depth account on the design and synthesis of a number of first-, second- and third-generation AdoHcy hydrolase inhibitors and their mode of action at the enzyme level.
V.E. Marquez provides a comprehensive description of the various carbocyclic ( carba ) nucleosides that have been synthesized and evaluated for antiviral activity. Although the number and diversity of the _ carba_- nucleosides that have been found to be antivirally active (or inactive) is astonishingly high, there is no limit to further expansion of this fascinating class of molecules.
For the various nucleoside analogues that have to be intracellularly phosphorylated to the 5’-triphosphate stage, to interact with their target enzyme (i.e., herpesviral DNA polymerase or retroviral revers transcriptase) the first phosphorylation step is often the rate-limiting step, and thus various strategies are envisaged by C. Perigoud, J.-L. Girardet, G. Gosselin and J.-L. Bach on how to bypass this initial phosphorylation and to deliver the nucleoside 5’-monophophate directly inside the cells.
The HIV protease has been considered as a paradigm for rational drug design. The enzyme is among the best understood in terms of both structure and action, and because of its crucial role in the maturation of HIV, it has been vigorously pursued as a target for anti-HIV chemotherapy. In their comprehensive review of the multidisciplinary approach towards the development of HIV protease inhibitors A.G. Tomasselli, S. Thaisrivongs and R.L. Heinrikson highlight those protease inhibitors which have been brought forward to clinical trials.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $119.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.