Air Quality and Ecological Impacts: Relating Sources to Effects Ebook
Publication Date: April 2009
File Size: 8657 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
This work reviews the characterization of air quality as it pertains to specific emission sources and their environmental effect. Since emissions from multiple sources impact the same location, a multi-disciplinary approach is needed to relate atmospheric processes to terrestrial vegetation.
As global industrial expansions continue, air quality is no longer governed by isolated point sources (e.g., a single coal-fired power plant), but by source clusters or complexes. Although air quality regulations are designed to protect the environment against possible adverse effects, any mitigative measures through emission control must account for the specific source(s) of concern. This is complicated by the fact that multiple sources often emit the same air pollutant of environmental concern (for example, sulphur dioxide). To address these issues, atmospheric receptor models have been developed and are continually being improved. Receptor models allow the quantification of the contribution of individual air pollutant emission sources to the air quality at a given location. The benefits of any air quality control measures based on receptor modelling must be verified by assessing changes or betterment in environmental impacts. Until now, such an approach has not been well integrated and practiced. This book provides the needed concepts and methods in conducting the studies to establish cause and effect relationships under ambient conditions, which is valuable not only to industrialized nations, but also to the policy makers in developing nations.
• Offers approaches for identifying the emissions components from specific air pollution sources
• Details methods for using pollutant accumulation in plants for ecological effects assessment
• Establishes cause (air quality) and effect (plant responses) relationships under ambient conditions
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $195.48. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.