All Across Canada Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: January 2005
File Size: 4579 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
“All Across Canada” is divided into three sections, each covering a major region of Canada, and the individual provinces or territories comprising that region. In “Wandering Through the West with Wally,” “Hiking Around Hudson Bay with Holly,” and “Ambling Through the Atlantic Provinces with Andy,” each character takes the reader on a journey to the different provinces and/or territories where they meet their respective “friends.” Each of the “friends” is named for the capital of each province or territory (for example, “Victoria,” who lives in British Columbia). A colourful map, fun and informative poem, and artwork accompany each cartoon “friend.” Highlighted are various topographical, industrial, and agricultural features, and the specific location of each province or territory within Canada.
“All Across Canada” is a useful educational aid for teachers, home educators, parents, and students. This book could help acquaint children with Canada, familiarize them with various cultural and geographical aspects, and at the same time allow them to enjoy the process of learning."
About the Author
“Ellen Weisberg, Ph.D., is an Instructor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School, with publications in the field of cancer research. She has published the young adult novel, “Gathering Roses,” a poem and short story, and has contributed several greeting card illustrations to Mountain Mist Productions. Her husband, Ken Yoffe , M.D., Ph.D., works as a paediatrician in the Boston area, and has several scientific publications in the field of genetics. Both are members of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI).
“A big part of the reason why Ellen had channelled so much energy into writing and illustrating over the past couple of years is because the onset of oromandibular dystonia, which caused severe speech impairment, forced her to quit broadcasting. She had been doing it- and very much enjoying it- full-time for two and a half years (while still working part-time in research), and the sudden loss of her one creative outlet sent her searching for another to take its place. To try to keep her mind off of the physical discomfort of the condition, its social impact, and the uncertainty of not knowing if and when the affliction would eventually lift, Ellen and her husband began throwing themselves into a series of writing projects. Because Ellen had to learn a lot about U.S. geography while doing weather broadcasting for the Associated Press as part of her full-time broadcasting position, she took that knowledge and applied it to what eventually became the children’s U.S. geography book, “Friends and Mates in Fifty States,” which was the joint effort of her and her husband, Ken. This led to the writing and illustrating of “All Across Canada,” and the editing/revising of “Gathering Roses.” Personal proceeds for the children’s books are going toward Parkinson’s and Dystonia research. Personal proceeds for “Gathering Roses” are going toward the American Heart Association and the American Red Cross. Ellen and Ken’s story is a classic case of one door closing, but another opening.
People afflicted with physical conditions that affect the quality of their lives are often forced to give up things that they love. Parkinson’s and Dystonia patients are urged to quickly find replacements for the things that they once loved to do. Otherwise, the effects of a debilitating disease on one’s esteem, confidence, and ability to continue to enjoy life can be devastating. The good news is that one really can find some light in the darkness if one looks hard enough."
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $8.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.