American Bread: Chronic Lyme Disease and the Tao of the Open Road Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
This book chronicles the author’s battles with Lyme disease over 14 years, as well as the cross-country adventures these battles inspired during times when he was healthy enough to travel. Taoist and Zen philosophies helped him cope with the frequent ups and downs associated with the disease, and these same philosophies also prepared him to make the most of his time on the road. Nick’s saga began in 1998 when chronic pain began to spread throughout his body. Three years later he was correctly diagnosed with Lyme disease, but the journey had just begun. Over the course of the next decade he experienced both remarkable recoveries and heartbreaking setbacks, all of which taught him many influential lessons. “American Bread” offers valuable insights on how to evolve from hardship to anyone coping with any chronic illness. Dispersed between each chapter about Lyme disease is a chapter from the cross-country trips he took when he was well enough to travel the highways of North America. During these trips he had the good fortune of connecting with several captivating characters, one of the most engaging being an eccentric Mexican nicknamed Lobo. Nick experienced many obstacles and unexpected events during his travels, but met them all with an equanimity that was cultivated from years of searching for meaning while coping with chronic illness. NICK VITTAS was born in London to Greek immigrant parents. He and his family moved to the Washington, DC metropolitan area when he was eight years old. He is a committed early childhood educator who has been working in Preschools for seven years. He graduated from the Texas State University Education program in 2011 and now resides in Austin, Texas.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $6.45. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.