Americans All Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
A book is occasionally misunderstood or misappraised as something it never had any intention of being. This one is not intended to be a statistical immigration treatise, and still less a controversial polemic. Nor has it any pre tension towards being a technical work on sociology, politics, or economics. It pretends to show in common, closeup, personal, human terms what kind of people Americans of foreign-language origin are today, what they contribute to the American scene, how they live in the land of their adoption, how they are viewed and treated there. William Seabrook writes about a numerically enormous element in the population of the United States- certainly thirty million and maybe forty million people, including babies, grandfathers, and grownups now renamed Jones and Kelly. In a non-statistical, human-interest picture such as this intends to be the actual number of foreign-born immigrant American citizens, already close to fifteen million, is a mere nucleus for the vast, incomputable total who retain traces of their foreign language origin. All the Johns, Jakes, Tonys, Mikes, Joes, Olafs, and Evas are real people, named by their real names, and will perhaps cast more light on the picture than the various celebrities. It is all straight reporting, plus occasional obvious opinions of his own, and if he has reported objectively rather than honestly it has been to shed a little light on whether or not these groups are actually a menace, as some highly vocal patriots believe. When he intrudes a little into the field of political experts and propagandists it is only in relation to whether or not the recently foreign element in Americas population is a menace, or antagonistic, to Americas present basic form of government and social fabric Where he mentions his own sincere belief that the American is as good a basic form of government and social fabric as has yet been tried- or imagined by honest Utopians – he does it neither as a member of any privileged class nor as a professional political commentator, but simply as an average working American, neither rich nor poor, who likes his own country the best, and hopes it will survive as a free democracy. If he has presented any conclusion it is merely a general one that the menace is nothing for anybody to sit up nights worrying about. If his reporting seems consequently on the optimistic side it is because what he saw and heard led him sincerely to believe that the American Melting Pot – despite the fact that it bubbles, emits steam, and occasionally has to be skimmed of scum – is producing a good, sound, healthy conglomerate.This book is highly recommended for inclusion on the bookshelf of anyone with an interest in the history of immigration or society of America.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $8.01. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.