Analytic Processes for School Leaders Ebook
Publication Date: June 2001
File Size: 1171 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature is available.
- Printing 75 pages every 7 days is allowed.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 25.14% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
How do you make a decision? How do you know you’ve made a good one? Whether you’re a 7th grade student selecting a science fair project, or a school board choosing a superintendent, the basic requirements of decision making are the same. You need information and the ability to analyze that information effectively. This is rational thinking, and it doesn’t happen by accident. It’s an acquired skill. Analytic Processes for School Leaders describes four rational-thinking processes: . Decision analysis . Potential problem analysis . Problem analysis . Situation appraisal The authors explain how educators can use these analytic processes to handle four common types of situations: when something goes wrong, when we need to make a choice, when we need to implement a change, and when we need to better understand a complex issue. Using these processes teaches rational thinking and benefits administrators, teachers, and students. Throughout the book, extended examples in administrative and classroom settings translate theory into practice, taking the reader step-by-step through each process. Key questions guide the reader. The authors describe how breaking the thinking process down into steps helps us reach better conclusions because we can understand, fine-tune, and improve our own approaches; communicate our rationale to others; more effectively involve others in solving problems; and teach these skills to others. Cynthia Richetti is vice president and Benjamin Tregoe is founder and chair of the Tregoe Education Forum, a nonprofit organization created to bring critical-thinking skills to K12 students and school administrators. Tregoe is also cofounder of Kepner-Tregoe, Inc., an international management consulting firm.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $17.18. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.