Andrew's Story Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: January 2007
File Size: 1199 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
This is a moving story of how an ordinary family learnt to cope with the incurable, debilitating and often terminal disease of Pancreatitis. The first symptoms appeared when Andrew was just fifteen and after 20 years he lost complete pancreatic function. This robbed him of his job, wife, home and self-respect.
Often mistaken for an alcoholic or drug addict, it was a constant struggle to receive any help. He could ‘live on the streets as homeless without detriment, the same as any other homeless person’.
This resulted in deep depression, self-harm and several suicide attempts. There is no justice.
About the Author
Like many people, Brenda Prentice does not like to see injustice. When her adopted son, who was chronically ill with 20 years of Pancreatitis, became homeless, he was told he could ‘live on the streets as homeless like any other homeless person’. There was no help from Social Services, the Housing Authority or some Medics. She took up the issues with the Healthcare Ombudsman, Local Government Ombudsman and the Parliamentary Ombudsman to no avail and after five years all denied any wrong doing. The way he was treated brought further mental health problems of depression, self harm and attempted suicide.
Oh no! That feeling, the usual discomfort that I permanently suffer has just altered ever so slightly. I feel the blood rush to my face and that horrible realisation, that paranoia. My mood drops like a leaden weight and my mind switches so all that I can now think of is getting home quickly._
I just received the first signal from my body that I am about to have another attack of Pancreatitis. It could be a false alarm; God knows I have them almost every day lately. I just know by the constant discomfort, others may call it pain but I term it as discomfort, pain is something else that I have, it is starting to burn. It will eventually be a nagging burning pain situated on the upper right of the abdomen, which will gradually increase and then radiate across my chest and around to my lower back. However, before we get there I will have a lot more to get through first. “Here we go.” I am now feeling queasy and break out into a light cold sweat. I feel the urgent need for bowel movement but know that if I sat on the lavatory nothing will happen. Now I am burping, bringing up small amounts of acidic bile and have rampant heartburn. While I quickly clear my desk, a colleague looks across at me and instantly knows by the grey hue of my face and sweaty brow that I am beginning an attack. They have seen this before at my office. Previously someone used to drive me the twenty three miles home while I would throw up into a bag throughout the journey but nowadays I prefer to get home under my own steam (a mixture of retaining a small amount of dignity and preventing the problem of having to leave my car at work for however long). I have since learnt how to throw up and drive at the same time. Speed is of the essence though I am also aware that if I react quickly when I get the signals I can often make it home before the vomiting really kicks in.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $8.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.