Antarctica: Exploration, Perception and Metaphor Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
Publication Date: March 2002
File Size: 1588 Kbytes
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
A scene so wildly and awfully desolate…it cannot fail to impress me with gloomy thoughts" – so Scott perceived the stark Antarctic landscape in 1905.
Antarctica traces images of the continent from early invented maps of _ Terra Australis Incognita_ up to Amundsen’s arrival at 90 degrees South. Approaching Antarctica from sea and then land, the book analyses the differing perceptions of beauty and terror experienced by explorers, the stories they brought back and the power of new images refashioned at home.
Should you buy this Ebook?
- Compare prices. Our price is $210.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.