Applied Wisdom Ebook
Bad News Is Good News and Other Insights That Can Help Anyone Be a Better Manager
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Success in business demands the effective management of people. James C. Morgan, who for nearly three decades led the high-tech powerhouse Applied Materials Inc. to both financial success and to the designation as one of America’s most admired companies and best places to work, provides a simple, straightforward set of principles and tips that he says can help anyone be a better manager. Applied Materials is one of Silicon Valley’s great success stories and it helped propel the digital revolution. But Jim Morgan’s management techniques are not reserved for high-tech: Applied Wisdom shows how the same approaches, tools, and values work at any scale, from start-ups to middle management in a global corporation — and even to non-profits. Rich in stories and practical examples, it’s a must-read for those seeking a timeless and proven management manual.
Advance Praise for Applied Wisdom
“I have been a beneficiary of Jim’s wisdom and this book makes his wisdom come alive for new and experienced leaders alike.”
— Henry M. Paulson, Chairman, The Paulson Institute, former U.S. Treasury Secretary
“Managers of any size business or non-profit group will find solid advice for building agile and effective organizations.”
— Meg Whitman, CEO, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, former CEO of eBay
“Jim is one of the icons of Silicon Valley… Applied Wisdom reinforces the importance of going beyond slogans and lip service and committing to basic, but very important values.”
— Willem P. Roelandts, Chairman of the Board of Applied Materials, Inc., 30-year veteran of Hewlett-Packard Co.
“Applied Wisdom is a treasure trove of useful insights from a true master of leadership in the business of technology.”
— G. Dan Hutcheson, CEO and Chairman of VLSI Research
“ Applied Wisdom is a must-read for anyone who wants to have a more productive, focused and motivated team.”
— Mark R. Tercek, President and CEO, The Nature Conservancy
“If you want to be a better manager follow Jim’s straightforward prescription and tips.”
— Heidi Roizen, Operating Partner, DFJ; Fenwick and West Entrepreneurship Educator, Dept. of Engineering, Stanford University
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $8.40. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.