Appreciative Leadership Ebook
Focus on What Works to Drive Winning Performance and Build a Thriving Organization
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: July 2010
File Size: 2951 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Advance Praise for Appreciative Leadership:
“A must-read for leaders at all levels who believe that both common sense and business sense require engaging and encouraging rather than mandating or manipulating. It may become my most-recommended book.” — Frank Rogers-Witte, Ph.D., Director, Executive Staff Effectiveness, Hewlett-Packard IPG
“Building on a simple but powerful idea, Appreciative Leadershipoffers an approach to organizational transformation applicable to institutions as varied as businesses, universities, church bodies, and health systems. Packed with dozens of stories and suggestions, it offers key insights translated into replicable strategies for action.” — Jane McAuliffe, Ph.D., President, Bryn Mawr College
“The positive basis of power is illuminated brilliantly in this courageous leadership book.* Appreciative Leadership*touches the heart of leadership—the kind people most deeply desire—in a way that will change lives, businesses, and every relationship you wish to build.” — David L. Cooperrider, Ph.D., Professor of Social Entrepreneurship, Case Western Reserve University
“Leadership driven by principles and integrity is more important today than ever.* Appreciative Leadership*shows how to blend principles of collaboration, quality, and service for both long-term achievement and practical daily impact. It provides a model of success for a new generation of leaders.” — R. Edward Howell, Vice President and Chief Executive Officer, University of Virginia Medical Center
The Positive Approach to Leadership That Brings Out the Best in Everyone Appreciative Inquiry has become one of the most popular new management tools in business today. Its premise is simple yet profound: Instead of focusing on what’s wrong in the workplace, learn about and build upon what works.
Dr. Diana Whitney—a leader in the field of Appreciative Inquiry—and colleagues Amanda Trosten-Bloom and Kae Rader bring the next generation of these ideas forward, with practical and proven tools for leadership. A refreshingly different approach to managing organizations, Appreciative Leadership turns conventional management thinking on its head, demonstrating how to get results with “positive power.” All you need are the five “I’s” . . .
INQUIRY: Leading with positively powerful questions.
- ILLUMINATION: Bringing out the best in people and situations.
- INCLUSION: Engaging with others to cocreate the future.
- INSPIRATION: Awakening the creative spirit.
- INTEGRITY: Making choices for the good of the whole.
This revolutionary approach brings people together, drives companies forward—and takes your leadership skills to a whole new level.
Appreciative Leadership shows you how to fully engage your team through positive inquiry and open dialogue—so that everyone feels included and valued, inspired and motivated . . . and ready to work together to win. In this user-friendly guide, you’ll discover exciting new techniques to open up discussions, exchange ideas, agree on a plan, and follow up on your goals. You’ll learn simple tips on how to keep your team on track with a can-do attitude. And you’ll find satisfying new ways to be engaged, passionate, and present.
This book isn’t a quick-fix solution to your management problems. It’s a full-time, lifelong commitment to your values, your vision, and your connection to others. This is how the best leaders in the world bring out the best in people, their organizations, and themselves. This is Appreciative Leadership .
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $25.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.