Arresting Destruction: Recovery from Alcoholism Ebook
Publication Date: April 2010
File Size: 4339 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
Far too little is known about alcoholism and recovery from it. Binge drinking and a myriad other related alcohol problems are rampant. While a few of us know the differences between alcoholism and alcohol abuse, we have all seen the harmful effects of alcoholism and alcohol abuse. Beyond the damage they do to themselves, heavy drinkers adversely affect their families, friends and work colleagues. The demands on social and health care services are seriously underestimated. Martin Noel-Buxton is himself an alcoholic in recovery. Reflecting on his own experience, he addresses the processes of change that can bring about recovery and points to a new quality of life in recovery. Martin discusses the vital differences between alcohol abuse and alcoholism, Alcoholics Anonymous and its notion of spirituality, and considers the effectiveness of talk therapies and other approaches to recovery. The book illustrates how the individual alcoholic recovers from alcoholism and explores the experience of those who become alcoholic and who then find recovery. It covers treatment, relapse and what works in bringing about and supporting recovery. The author explains that recovery is far more than just stopping drinking and he describes the complex processes of living life beyond uncontrollable alcohol dependency. The book will prove invaluable reading for individuals faced with confronting alcohol problems, their friends and relations, their work colleagues, health care professionals and those responsible for service provision and policy development. It will be helpful to those interested in addiction issues and in alcoholism in particular.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $9.99. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.