Arts Integration: Teaching Subject Matter through the Arts in Multicultural Settings Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Practical and engaging, Merryl Goldberg’s popular guide to integrating the arts throughout the K-12 curriculum blends contemporary theory with classroom practice. Beyond teaching about the arts as a subject in and of itself, the text explains how teachers may integrate the arts-literary, media, visual, and performing-throughout subject area curriculum and provides a multitude of strategies and examples. Promoting ways to develop children’s creativity and critical thinking while also developing communications skills and fostering collaborative opportunities, it looks at assessment and the arts, engaging English Language Learners, and using the arts to teach academic skills.
This text is ideal as a primer on arts integration and a foundational support for teaching, learning, and assessment, especially within the context of multicultural and multilingual classrooms. In-depth discussions of the role of arts integration in meeting the goals of Title I programs, including academic achievement, student engagement, school climate and parental involvement, are woven throughout the text, as is the role of the arts in meeting state and federal student achievement standards.
Changes in the 5th Edition: New chapter on arts as text, arts integration, and arts education and their place within the context of teaching and learning in multiple subject classrooms in multicultural and multilingual settings; Title I and arts integration (focus on student academic achievement, student engagement, school climate, and parental involvement-the 4 cornerstones of Title I); Attention to the National Core Arts Standards as well as their relationship to other standardized tests and arts integration; more (and more recent) research-based studies integrated throughout; Examples of how to plan arts integrated lessons (using backward design) along with more examples from classrooms’; Updated references, examples, and lesson plans/units; Companion Website: www.routledge.com/cw/goldberg
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $83.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.