Assessing Prospective Trade Policy Ebook
Methods Applied to EU-ACP Economic Partnership Agreements
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: September 2010
File Size: 3456 Kbytes
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
The European Union (EU) has provided trade preferences to the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries since 1975. To maintain these preferences, a series of economic partnership agreements (EPAs) between the EU and regional groupings of ACP countries are being agreed, (negotiations started around 2003 and many framework agreements have been signed). As multilateral negotiations within the World Trade Organisation have stalled, EPAs are currently the single most important policy issue for ACP trade. This volume assesses EPAs and the potential impact on ACP countries, provides guidance for ACP negotiators in future negotiations and introduces methods to analyse the impact of future trade reforms.
The essential features are that ACP countries commit to remove tariffs on substantially all imports from the EU and the EU offers improved market access to ACP exporters. For ACP countries the major impacts will be increased imports from the EU, hence a loss of tariff revenue and increased competition from imports in domestic and regional markets, implying significant adjustment costs, which may be offset by some increases in exports to the EU. This collection excellently outlines a variety of analytical methods that can be used to assess the potential economic effects of trade policy reforms, shows how these can be applied to EPAs and derives implications for the issues that should be addressed in negotiating the details of agreements.
This valuable contribution offers a balanced assessment of the issues and should be essential reading for postgraduates and researchers focussing on Development Economics. Furthermore, the book is written in an accessible style and should be an excellent resource for trade negotiators and government officials concerned with trade relations, as well as officials in the European Commission, individual countries (ACP, Commonwealth, EU) and in multilateral organizations (WTO, UNECA, World Bank, UNCTAD).
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $54.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.