Authenticity of Foods of Animal Origin Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Over the last 20-30 years the number of food poisoning incidents has increased considerably and this has had disastrous effects both on consumers and the food industry. Several food industries went bankrupt due to huge amounts of money paid to compensate consumers’ family/relatives. These unfortunate incidents triggered consumer and governmental awareness of food crises. In EU, for instance, an organization called EFSA (European Food Safety Authority) was established and its role is to deal with foods’ and feeds’ crises within the frame of RASFF (Rapid Alert System for Feeds and Foods). This system’s intent is to inform in a timely manner all the directly involved partners (food companies, laboratories, governmental officers) and also to monitor the measures/actions undertaken to minimize both the extent and the intensity of the caused defect.
The best policy to solve a crisis is to recall affected products. However, an effective and rapid recall presupposes the proper functioning of traceability. The latter is a prerequisite of current legislation (Regulation 178/2002). Traceability can be based either on EAN (European Article Number)- 8,-9,- 12,
13 and 128 or RF-ID (Radio Frequency Identification). Although the usage of RF-ID is more expensive than that of EAN, it is preferred in the case of animals and fish. Once the animal has been cut to pieces, all the previous information stored in the RF-ID can be passed to EAN-128.
This book aims at addressing five major issues: food traceability; food authenticity techniques and methods to detect potential adulteration; application of authenticity techniques and methods to foods of animal origin; legislation regarding traceability and authenticity in EU, USA, Canada, Japan, and Australia-NZ; and trends and suggestions for further research in food traceability and authenticity. A second book, entitled Authenticity of foods of plant origin and genetically modified organisms , will follow this book. This book is expected to be useful to academicians, industrialists, students of food science and technology, veterinarians, and technicians specialized in food technology.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $57.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.