Ball and Chain - The Trouble With Modern Marriage Ebook
Publication Date: January 2009
File Size: 853 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 25.74% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
We live in a world of cohabitation, single parents and gay relationships, where all types of affairs are socially and morally acceptable. And yet some of us are still attached to the outdated notion of marriage. What is this illogical fixation? Why are we so concerned about justifying our life choices with a piece of legal paper? Soaring divorce rates and rampant infidelity prove that getting married is no guarantee of a successful partnership in today’s fast-paced world. So what exactly is the appeal? “Ball and Chain” is a witty but essentially serious dissection of our continued obsession with marriage, an obsession that can lead to spiralling debt, personal misery and even bankruptcy. Examining all the flawed reasons that people give for getting married- from social pressure to financial necessity – it reveals the sometimes terrible outcomes, such as the previously unknown yet now strangely rampant conditions of post-nuptial depression and marriage addiction. Then there are the insane costs of lavish modern weddings, which can affect a new couple’s start in life, leading them into debt and penury all for the sake of one big blow-out day. Using a combination of facts and figures and case study interviews, the book will examine the many negative effects that marriage can have on a relationship and on an individual. It includes the harsh truths about divorce, the difficulties of getting out of an unhappy marriage and all number of fallacies about marriage. Suggesting alternative ways of living, “Ball and Chain” will put the case succinctly, amusingly and honestly that the one-size-fits-all solution of marriage is just not suitable for everyone. Modern couples have the right- indeed, the responsibility – to make their life choices based on their and their lovers’ needs, rather than on constricting, constraining conventions.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $22.27. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.