Ballot Box to Jury Box: The Life and Times of an English Crown Court Judge Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
His Honour John Baker DL was first a solicitor and partner with Amery Parkes and Co, UK where he worked on the pioneering scheme to provide legal advice to members of the Automobile Association. He then became a partner in Goodman Derrick and Co specialising in libel, copyright and franchising of the early British Independent Television (ITV) stations before switching roles to become a barrister in the chambers of Sir Dingle Foot QC, MP who was later appointed Solicitor-General. Later he was appointed as a Crown Court Recorder then Circuit Judge, rising to become the resident judge at Kingston-Upon-Thames Crown Court, Surrey, England and to sit as a deputy judge in the High Court of Justice. But John Baker also had a remarkable ‘other life’- including as a regular broadcaster and celebrity on television and radio. He was also active in the UK Liberal Party from his student days and stood three times for Parliament. This candid and often humorous autobiography traces his political ambitions and tells how he came to discard the ballot box for the court bench which in England the judges, who are not elected, are obliged to do – of his experiences as a politician, broadcaster, lawyer, judge and family man – and the array of leading lights and everyday folk whom he met in the course of twin careers spanning over half a century at the hub of socio-political-legal events. A UNIQUE SOCIAL RECORD OF OVER 50 YEARS IN POLITICS AND THE LAW AND A COLLECTOR’S ITEM FOR PEOPLE INTERESTED IN THE DEMOCRATIC PROCESS
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $34.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.