Barbara - Dancing Through Life! Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: October 2010
File Size: 7956 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 23.6% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Barbara danced on stage in pre-war England at Shepherds Bush and Hackney Empires when she was just 14 years old. Pantomimes, Principal Dancer and even dancing at the famous London Palladium all followed before she was 16 years of age and World War II was declared. Barbara danced in the Blitz and recounts life in wartime London and summer season at Blackpool. The atmosphere, excitement and fear she experienced in those days are captured in her writing. In 1943 Barbara was called up in ENSA and entertained the troops throughout the rest of the war. Her wartime experiences in the U.K., Africa, Italy, Holland, Belgium and Germany mostly on makeshift stages; with the dancers delivered from the back of the truck; often with no more than a curtain for a dressing room; give a fascinating read, and an insight to the way the dancers and performers coped with all kinds of situations, sometimes with the enemy just a few short miles away. Then came the post-war years, trying to make a success of civilian life in a number of jobs with triumph and tragedy through to when she started appearing as an ‘Extra’ on a multitude of TV shows. Since 1982 to the present, she has appeared on television in commercials and many shows including- ‘The Dave Allen Show’, ‘Tales of the Unexpected’, ‘Lovejoy’, ‘Hilary’, ‘The Bill’, ‘Only Fools and Horses’, ‘Casualty’, ‘Miss Marple’, ‘One Foot in the Grave’, ‘The Ruth Rendell Mysteries’, ‘Trainer’, ‘Eastenders’ and, when just short of her 80th birthday; dancing in the ‘The All New Harry Hill Show’. Barbara Dancing through life is a fascinating chronicle with recollections of almost 70 years appearing in London and Provincial theatres in musical productions, both professional and amateur and more than 20 years appearing on our television screens.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $19.10. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.