Basic Writing Ebook
Publication Date: March 2010
File Size: 1406 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature is available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy-paste 200 text selections.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
Framed by historic developments-from the Open Admissions movement of the 1960s and 1970s to the attacks on remediation that intensified in the 1990s and beyond-BASIC WRITING traces the arc of these large social and cultural forces as they have shaped and reshaped the field. GEORGE OTTE and REBECCA WILLIAMS MLYNARCZYK balance fidelity to the past with present relevance, local concerns with (presumptively) global knowledge, personal judgment with (apparent) objectivity. BASIC WRITING circles back on the same general story, looking for different themes or seeing the same themes from different perspectives. What emerges is a gestalt of Basic Writing that will give readers interested in its history, self-definition, pedagogy, or research a sense of the important trends and patterns. Otte and Mlynarczyk make research trajectories clear without oversimplifying them or denying the undeniable blurring, dissensus, and differential development that characterizes the field. GEORGE OTTE is a member of the doctoral faculty at the CUNY Graduate Center in the PhD Programs in English, Urban Education, and Interactive Technology and Pedagogy. He served as coeditor of the JOURNAL OF BASIC WRITING from 1996 to 2002. He is the coauthor with Nondita Mason of WRITERS’ ROLES: ENACTMENTS OF THE PROCESS (Harcourt, 1994) and, with Linda Palumbo, of CASTS OF THOUGHT: WRITING IN AND AGAINST TRADITION (Macmillan, 1990). REBECCA WILLIAMS MLYNARCZYK has taught basic writing at the City University of New York since 1974. She is currently professor of English at the CUNY Graduate Center and Kingsborough Community College, where she codirects the ESL program. She is the author of CONVERSATIONS OF THE MIND: THE USES OF JOURNAL WRITING FOR SECOND-LANGUAGE LEARNERS (Erlbaum) and the coauthor, with Steven Haber, of IN OUR OWN WORDS: STUDENT WRITERS AT WORK (Cambridge). She has served as coeditor of the JOURNAL OF BASIC WRITING since 2003.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $16.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.