Bioethics for Scientists Ebook
Publication Date: December 2002
File Size: 1609 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature is available.
- Printing is permitted.
- Copying 15 text selections every 365 days is allowed.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
Bioethics for Scientists provides an introduction to the ethics of modern life sciences and encompasses a wide range of environmental, social, scientific and medical issues. Subjects such as global warming, GM crops and the recent advances in genetics and cloning affect all areas of society. Scientists in all fields are frequently reminded of their own responsibilities, not just within their own profession but also to society.
International experts provide in-depth discussion of these subjects with a clear understanding of the science involved, and explore different approaches and opinions which consider the implications of these issues on science and society. Bioethics for Scientists will show you how to think about the issues without trying to tell you what to think. Where relevant, case studies are included to support these discussions.
This book includes chapters on:
- environmental ethics
- use of natural resources
- experimental use of animals
- crop biotechnology and GM foods
- patenting life
- * human genetics and genetic enhancement · cloning of humans and animals
- euthanasia and related issues
Written in a very readable style, Bioethics for Scientists is essential reading for students and researchers in biotechnology, life, environmental and other sciences, plus anyone who wishes to improve their understanding of this complex and fascinating area.
‘[This book] specialises in the public understanding and attitudes towards biotechnology and the social and ethical implications of the new genetics…’ Dr J R Downie, Division of Environmental & Evolutionary Biology, University of Glasgow, UK
‘Unique emphasis on the environmental, agricultural and animal science contents’ Dr Sana Loue, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, CWRU School of Medicine, Ohio, USA
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $200.99. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.