Biogeochemical Processes at the Land-Sea Boundary Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
There is an intuitive belief among scientists that each estuary or lagoon is unique and different. Similarities do exist, however, and this book attempts to highlight some common properties and perhaps some innovative views on biogeochemical processes, and biological fluxes which are of central concern in the understanding of the land-sea boundary.
The contents are based upon lectures given at a Seminar organised as the scientific component of the 17th General Meeting of SCOR, held at the Station Biologique de Roscoff, France, on 22-24 October 1984. The original lectures have been substantially extended and revised in order to give a fuller treatment of the subject. The contributions identify important processes influencing (I) Behaviour of chemical species, (II) Nutrient cycling and mechanisms of organic transformations and (III) Uptake of trace elements by living systems. The connection between terrestrial and oceanic systems is a functional one and the consequences of this linkage on the very large variety of coastal systems are profound. It is widely recognized that many of the major processes which influence the biological properties and chemical forms of elements, and their biogeochemical cycles in the ocean occur at the land-sea boundary, especially in estuaries, coastal lagoons, the coastline and the shelf. Over 80% of living systems and their fisheries take place in near shore waters and the consequential production of organic matter produced triggers off the high level of activity. Over the last fifteen years, there has been considerable stimulus to provide framework to evaluate the interactions and effects of human activities. The rich assemblage of tables and figures and of literature citations contained in the chapters provides an excellent basis for in-depth investigations.
Oceanographers, limnologists, aquatic chemists, marine biologists, and environmental specialists will find this book highly valuable reading for advanced research and training purposes.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $72.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.