Biomedical Engineering & Design Handbook, Volumes I and II Ebook
Publication Date: August 2009
File Size: 33208 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 22.75% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
A State-of-the-Art Guide to Biomedical Engineering and Design Fundamentals and ApplicationsThe two-volume Biomedical Engineering and Design Handbook, Second Edition offers unsurpassed coverage of the entire biomedical engineering field, including fundamental concepts, design and development processes, and applications. This landmark work contains contributions on a wide range of topics from nearly 80 leading experts at universities, medical centers, and commercial and law firms. Volume 1 focuses on the basics of biomedical engineering, including biomedical systems analysis, biomechanics of the human body, biomaterials, and bioelectronics. Filled with more than 500 detailed illustrations, this superb volume provides the foundational knowledge required to understand the design and development of innovative devices, techniques, and treatments.Volume 2 provides timely information on breakthrough developments in medical device design, diagnostic equipment design, surgery, rehabilitation engineering, prosthetics design, and clinical engineering. Filled with more than 400 detailed illustrations, this definitive volume examines cutting-edge design and development methods for innovative devices, techniques, and treatments.Volume 1 covers:Modeling and Simulation of Biomedical SystemsBioheat TransferPhysical and Flow Properties of BloodRespiratory Mechanics and Gas ExchangeBiomechanics of the Respiratory MusclesBiomechanics of Human MovementBiomechanics of the Musculoskeletal SystemBiodynamicsBone MechanicsFinite Element AnalysisVibration, Mechanical Shock, and ImpactElectromyographyBiopolymersBiomedical Composites BioceramicsCardiovascular BiomaterialsDental MaterialsOrthopaedic BiomaterialsBiomaterials to Promote Tissue RegenerationBioelectricityBiomedical Signal AnalysisBiomedical Signal ProcessingIntelligent Systems and BioengineeringBioMEMSVolume 2 covers:Medical Product DesignFDA Medical Device RequirementsCardiovascular DevicesDesign of Respiratory DevicesDesign of Artificial KidneysDesign of Controlled-Release Drug Delivery SystemsSterile Medical Device Package Development Design of Magnetic Resonance SystemsInstrumentation Design for Ultrasonic ImagingThe Principles of X-Ray Computed TomographyNuclear Medicine Imaging Instrumentation Breast Imaging SystemsSurgical Simulation TechnologiesComputer-Integrated Surgery and Medical RoboticsTechnology and DisabilitiesApplied Universal Design Design of Artificial Arms and Hands for Prosthetic Applications Design of Artificial Limbs for Lower Extremity AmputeesWear of Total Knee and Hip Joint ReplacementsHome Modification DesignIntelligent Assistive TechnologyRehabilitatorsRisk Management in HealthcareTechnology Planning for Healthcare InstitutionsHealthcare Facilities PlanningHealthcare Systems EngineeringEnclosed Habitat Life Support
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $193.12. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.