Biomedical Engineering & Design Handbook, Volumes I and II Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: July 2009
File Size: 33208 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
A State-of-the-Art Guide to Biomedical Engineering and Design Fundamentals and Applications
The two-volume Biomedical Engineering and Design Handbook , Second Edition offers unsurpassed coverage of the entire biomedical engineering field, including fundamental concepts, design and development processes, and applications. This landmark work contains contributions on a wide range of topics from nearly 80 leading experts at universities, medical centers, and commercial and law firms.
Volume 1 focuses on the basics of biomedical engineering, including biomedical systems analysis, biomechanics of the human body, biomaterials, and bioelectronics. Filled with more than 500 detailed illustrations, this superb volume provides the foundational knowledge required to understand the design and development of innovative devices, techniques, and treatments.
Volume 2 provides timely information on breakthrough developments in medical device design, diagnostic equipment design, surgery, rehabilitation engineering, prosthetics design, and clinical engineering. Filled with more than 400 detailed illustrations, this definitive volume examines cutting-edge design and development methods for innovative devices, techniques, and treatments.
Volume 1 covers:
Modeling and Simulation of Biomedical Systems
- Bioheat Transfer
- Physical and Flow Properties of Blood
- Respiratory Mechanics and Gas Exchange
- Biomechanics of the Respiratory Muscles
- Biomechanics of Human Movement
- Biomechanics of the Musculoskeletal System
- Bone Mechanics
- Finite Element Analysis
- Vibration, Mechanical Shock, and Impact
- Biomedical Composites
- Cardiovascular Biomaterials
- Dental Materials
- Orthopaedic Biomaterials
- Biomaterials to Promote Tissue Regeneration
- Biomedical Signal Analysis
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Intelligent Systems and Bioengineering
Volume 2 covers:
Medical Product Design
- FDA Medical Device Requirements
- Cardiovascular Devices
- Design of Respiratory Devices
- Design of Artificial Kidneys
- Design of Controlled-Release Drug Delivery Systems
- Sterile Medical Device Package Development
- Design of Magnetic Resonance Systems
- Instrumentation Design for Ultrasonic Imaging
- The Principles of X-Ray Computed Tomography
- Nuclear Medicine Imaging Instrumentation
- Breast Imaging Systems
- Surgical Simulation Technologies
- Computer-Integrated Surgery and Medical Robotics
- Technology and Disabilities
- Applied Universal Design
- Design of Artificial Arms and Hands for Prosthetic Applications
- Design of Artificial Limbs for Lower Extremity Amputees
- Wear of Total Knee and Hip Joint Replacements
- Home Modification Design
- Intelligent Assistive Technology
- Risk Management in Healthcare
- Technology Planning for Healthcare Institutions
- Healthcare Facilities Planning
- Healthcare Systems Engineering
- Enclosed Habitat Life Support
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $270.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.