Birds & Bibles in History Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Birds & Bibles in History is the most comprehensive scientific study of the birds mentioned in Christian Bibles ever. It is the result of author Tian Hattingh being both a Biblical Hebrew student and an amateur ornithologist. It was completed over a twelve year period which included a number of in loco visits to Israel. He investigated all 409 references to birds mentioned in Christian Bibles, ensuring that the original Hebrew and Greek texts are reproduced as accurately as possible. Part 1 covers the development of Ornithology from ancient times to this day. It focuses on the Biblical authors like Moses and Job, ancient writers like Aristotle, carries on through the Middle Ages, and right up to modern times. Influences from the likes of Darwin, Audubon, Gilbert White, and Eugene Marais are dealt with in detail. Relevant subjects like migration, extinction, bird-strikes, and nomenclature, are also dealt with. Part 2 deals with the development of all Bibles, and shows how this three thousand year long process influences the way that we have to deal with Bibles in general. It also shows how we should keep “textual criticism” in mind when dealing with the passages referring to birds in particular. Part 3 presents the reader with concise information about the thirty six bird species mentioned in Bibles, including the relationship of the different avian families to man through the ages. It shows how each reference should be translated to produce the “closest natural equivalent” of the original meaning. This includes for example twenty-five references to nine Owl species, and the most famous rooster in the world. As a result of his study, Tian has come to the startling conclusion that the Biblical authors, and not Aristotle as is generally accepted, were in fact the first Ornithologists. This conclusion is motivated in Part 4, by using the example of the Great Flood in Genesis 6-9, and the Ostrich in Job 39. The Indexes in Part 5 present the wealth of information in different formats, making it readily accessible and a useful source of reference to scholars and laymen alike. Even avian terminology like “feather”, and “fly” for example, are included. Birds & Bibles in History contains no less than 120 colour photographs, adding an additional splendour rarely seen in a publication of this kind.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $10.09. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.