Blue Skies of El Dorado Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Blue Skies of El Dorado tells the poignant Civil War love story of Obadiah Bradford and his beautiful slave of mixed blood, Penelope. Their tale began in the first book of the series, Dark Clouds over Alabama.
To escape the stigma of hate and prejudice, Obadiah and Penelope marry and move away from Alabama with their mothers and several slaves to El Dorado, Arkansas.
They purchase a 600-acre plantation named Three Oaks, situated a few miles from El Dorado in southwest Arkansas. In this quiet, peaceful town, Obadiah opens up a medical practice and becomes the town’s beloved doctor.
Under the Blue Skies of El Dorado, Obadiah and Penelope’s love blossoms, their family grows, the Civil War ends, and freedom comes to slaves in the South.
Obadiah’s Christian beliefs and his deep faith in God see him through the troubled times. The novel presents love and hope in the best definition as it deals with tragedy and triumph in the Old South. Blue Skies is a must-read for anyone interested in this fascinating chapter of American history.
About the Author:
Carl J. Barger grew up in the Ozark Mountains of Cleburne County, Arkansas. He spent thirty-eight years in the public schools in Arkansas, thirty-three as a superintendent of schools. Barger is the author of four other historical fiction novels: Swords and Plowshares, Mamie, An Ozark Mountain Girl of Courage, and Dark Clouds over Alabama. He is also the author of a two-volume history of Cleburne County and its people. He resides with his wife, Lena, in Conway, Arkansas. “I love history and I love the Civil War.”
Publisher’s website: http://sbpra.com/CarlJBarger
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $8.40. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.