Build and Upgrade Your Own PC Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: July 2002
File Size: 6743 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
(E-Books do not include any DVD or CD with the purchase.)
Ian Sinclair’s Build Your Own books have established themselves as authoritative and highly practical guides for home PC users and advanced hobbyists alike. All aspects of building and upgrading a PC are covered, making this the book the computer retailers don’t want you to read!
By getting to grips with the world of PC hardware you can avoid the built-in obsolescence that seems to be part and parcel of the fast moving world of PCs, and escape the need to buy a new PC every year. You can also have a PC that keeps pace with the ever increasing demands that new software applications place on your system.
The new edition of this book is based round building and upgrading to the latest systems such as Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon motherboards running Windows 2000 / ME. As well as guiding you round the inside of your PC base unit Ian Sinclair also covers monitors, printers, video capture, DVD drives, USB and parallel port accessories….
By reading this book PC owners will get to grips with the world of PC hardware and can avoid the built-in obsolescence that seems to be part and parcel of the fast moving world of PCs, and escape the need to buy a new PC every year.
The new edition of this book is based round building and upgrading to the latest systems such as Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon motherboards running Windows 2000 / ME. As well as guiding users around the inside of their PC base unit. The book also covers monitors, printers, video capture, DVD drives, USB and parallel port accessories, and much more.
According to a New York Times article it is estimated that between 2000 and 2007, 500 million computers will become obsolete. The National Safety Council estimates that by 2004 315 million PCs will be obsolete. Two points that highlight how most people are unaware how simple the process of upgrading their own PC is.
The third edition has been updated throughout with new and expanded sections including:
• Sound capture and editing
• Video capture from analog and digital camcorders, and TV / video
• New fast motherboards, including RAID and other types with up to eight IDE devices controlled
• Very fast processors in the range 1.5 to 2.0+ GHz
• Cooling and fan-noise problems
• Using large hard drives (60 Gb and more)
• The new USB-2 standard
- Covers all aspects of building and upgrading a PC,
making this the book the computer retailers don’t
want you to read
- Guides PC owners to create the PC you really want,
not just the off-the shelf package offered by
- Helps you create a PC that keeps pace with the
ever increasing demands that new software
applications place on their system
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $37.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.