Building a Recommendation Engine with Scala Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Learn to use Scala to build a recommendation engine from scratch and empower your website users
About This Book
- Learn the basics of a recommendation engine and its application in e-commerce
- Discover the tools and machine learning methods required to build a recommendation engine
- Explore different kinds of recommendation engines using Scala libraries such as MLib and Spark
Who This Book Is For
This book is written for those who want to learn the different tools in the Scala ecosystem to build a recommendation engine. No prior knowledge of Scala or recommendation engines is assumed.
What You Will Learn
- Discover the tools in the Scala ecosystem
- Understand the challenges faced in e-commerce systems and learn how you can solve those challenges with a recommendation engine
- Familiarise yourself with machine learning algorithms provided by the Apache Spark framework
- Build different versions of recommendation engines from practical code examples
- Enhance the user experience by learning from user feedback
- Dive into the various techniques of recommender systems such as collaborative, content-based, and cross-recommendations
With an increase of data in online e-commerce systems, the challenges in assisting users with narrowing down their search have grown dramatically. The various tools available in the Scala ecosystem enable developers to build a processing pipeline to meet those challenges and create a recommendation system to accelerate business growth and leverage brand advocacy for your clients.
This book provides you with the Scala knowledge you need to build a recommendation engine.
You’ll be introduced to Scala and other related tools to set the stage for the project and familiarise yourself with the different stages in the data processing pipeline, including at which stages you can leverage the power of Scala and related tools. You’ll also discover different machine learning algorithms using MLLib.
As the book progresses, you will gain detailed knowledge of what constitutes a collaborative filtering based recommendation and explore different methods to improve users’ recommendation.
Style and approach
A step-by-step guide full of real-world, hands-on examples of Scala recommendation engines. Each example is placed in context with explanation and visuals.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $28.77. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.