Business Continuity Planning Ebook
A Step-by-Step Guide With Planning Forms on CD-ROM, 3rd Edition
Publication Date: July 2010
File Size: 20524 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature is available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
(E-Books do not include any DVD or CD with the purchase.)
Perfect Beginner’s Guide in Workbook Format with Worksheets, Forms, Checklists, Tables and CD with Sample Plans and Templates This easy, how-to-do-it introduction to classical BCP comes in a workbook format with plentiful worksheets, forms, checklists and action items. It includes these features: * Endorsed by The Business Continuity Institute and Disaster Recovery Institute International * Worksheets in both the book and on CD in Microsoft Word providing step-by step practice in developing your own business continuity plan * Accompanying CD with wealth of templates and forms; bibliographies; articles and papers; links to a variety of related Web sites * Chapter overviews and objectives * Appendices with sample risk assessment and risk analysis checklist * Glossary with 120 business continuity terms * Ideal for senior undergraduate, MBA, certificate, and corporate training programs * Author is veteran practitioner of business continuity and disaster recovery for 20+ years If you are suddenly called upon to develop a business continuity plan (BCP) and have little or no experience in this new discipline, then this is the book for you! It takes you logically and methodically through the planning process from start to finish. It acknowledges the day-to-day realities of running an enterprise and guides you step-by-step through the generally accepted best practices in BCP, enabling you to construct an appropriate plan for your size of organization. It will neither overwhelm you nor break the bank, and it will get your business continuity program up and running surprisingly fast and with a lot less effort than you expect. It can also help you clearly explain to senior management the importance of developing a plan and the simplified steps needed to develop one. Even if your company decides not to develop a complete plan, you will find valuable steps you can take now that will reduce your disaster risk easily and without major funding. The author is a knowledgeable expert with 20 years of experience in business continuity planning. He uses straightforward, jargon-free writing and supplements it with checklists, tables and worksheets to illustrate the easiest path to your destination. There is an emphasis on the non-technical aspects of Information Technology/ Disaster Recovery planning, with the basic information easily transferable across the entire organization. The accompanying CD provides a wealth of handy templates and sample forms, including vulnerability worksheet; Business Impact Assessment (BIA) sample questionnaire for departments; cumulative outage costs worksheet; emergency response team assignments and call sheet; vendor call sheet; sample test plan and maintenance plan, etc. There are also checklists/ corrective action forms for various natural hazards, including, fires, floods, winter storms, hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes, along with an emergency response plan (ERP) checklist. Checklists for special hazards include those for power outages, boiler failures, bomb threats, hazardous material spills, and civil unrest, along with a checklist for vital records storage. The BCP resources include information about federal and state agencies, such as FEMA; bibliographies; articles and papers; and links to a variety of related Web sites. Once you have your basic plan in place, you can refer to this guide time and time again to build on your business continuity plan as your business evolves. The simplicity of this reference and accompanying materials on CD will allay your concerns and allow you to confidently devote more time and resources to this critical process.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $34.33. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.