Campus Violence: Kinds, Causes, and Cures Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
This timely book shows how the rapidly increasing phenomenon of violence in the U.S. is invading college and university campuses. Campus Violence shows what colleges, universities, and other schools can do to deconstruct the violence culture and begin to educate for a better society. The chapters assist educators in determining the nature of both external and internal violence and what to do about it. Readers will benefit from the experiences of many institutions of higher learning as communicated by various outstanding contributors to this book. By becoming sharply aware of the issues and solutions, administrators may engage in better, more realistic long-range planning, as well as get help for the myriad daily questions and problems inherent to running today’s campuses.
As a whole, the book is devoted to highlighting important kinds, causes, and cures of violence destructive to living and learning opportunities. The contributors address the full range of issues from conceptualization to practical ways of handling violent behaviors.
- Section I: Addresses the broadest, most far-reaching views of campus violence: the conceptualization of campus violence, administration perspectives, the destructive concoction of alcohol and other drugs and morbidity, and the commercial promotion of mindless violence.
- Section II: Addresses specific kinds of violence.
- Section III: Focuses on the most frequent immediate perpetrators—male college students—and how their behavior can be dealt with and improved.
- Section IV: Focuses very specifically on how the college counselor or psychotherapist can be a consultant to staff and faculty in regard to disruptive students.
Campus Violence depicts the need to nurture and develop atmospheres for learning, respect, and constructive action—arguably the most pressing topic in education today. Counselors, therapists, security officers, deans, and presidents can begin to counter the rapidly increasing phenomenon of violence in American colleges and universities and cultivate a positive leadership atmosphere. The implications of the contributing authors reach to the primary and secondary schools in our nation—the training grounds for college life and education—and provoke some questions which begin to create a better learning environment.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $51.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.