Cannabis: From Pariah to Prescription Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Learn more about tomorrow’s alternative to today’s risk-laden prescription drugs!
Cannabis: From Pariah to Prescription reviews the latest research from recent clinical trials with cannabis and cannabinoids—outlining their place and future as prescription medicines. This book addresses the “road back” for cannabis medicines and society’s reacceptance of cannabis as a prescription product. This book offers physicians, patients, scientists, and students a primer on this developing branch of pharmacology and therapeutics and is ideal for use in courses for medicine, psychopharmacology, alternative medicine, health policy, and pharmacology.
Cannabis: From Pariah to Prescription assesses the genetics, horticulture, and biochemical processing of cannabis into cannabis-based medicine extracts (CBMEs). The book describes the important advanced technologies used to cultivate the genetically selected medical-grade cannabis cloned strains in glass houses. This book also discusses new advancements in drug delivery alternatives to traditional smoking, including the Advanced Delivery System (ADS)—a device that allows delivery of premeasured dosages while remaining secure, tamper-proof, and patient specific.
In Cannabis: From Pariah to Prescription, the practical applications of cannabis pharmaceuticals are explored through a wide range of clinical studies, including:
- a thorough discussion of the latest in documented benefits and side effects when using cannabis, cannabinoids, or CBMEs
- a tolerability study via multiple administration routes to compare pharmacodynamic effects and pharmacokinetic characteristics
- a comparative study of the pharmacokinetic profiles administered in various areas of the buccal mucosa as well as an investigation of the pharmacokinetics of CBME administered orally
- a blind study assessing pharmacokinetic profile of CBME administered sublingually in various ratios of cannabinoids
- a review of several other recent trials involving CBME, THC, or cannabis
- a study reviewing the human clinical experience to date employing synthetic cannabinoids or CBME, suggesting future treatment in the areas of obstetrics, gynecology, and pediatrics
Cannabis: From Pariah to Prescription provides extensive bibliographies to encourage your examination of previous studies and international literature. Europe remains on the cutting edge of new studies and research on cannabinoids, and much of the data in this book was collected in the United Kingdom. This meticulous resource also contains a list of abbreviations and definitions of terms from GW Pharmaceuticals to make the reading more accessible to a wide variety of readers.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $63.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.