Casarett & Doull's Essentials of Toxicology, Second Edition Ebook
Publication Date: July 2010
File Size: 18091 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
( 21.27% savings )
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
The most concise and authoritative introduction to the principles of toxicology and how poisons affect the human body – now in full color
A Doody’s Core Title ESSENTIAL PURCHASE for 2011!
Casarett & Doull’s Essentials of Toxicology is an easy-to-absorb distillation of the field’s gold-standard text Casarett & Doull’s Toxicology: The Basic Science of Poisons . Presented in full color for the first time, the book combines an accessible and engaging approach with coverage of essential introductory concepts to provide you with a solid grounding in basic and medical toxicology. Succinct, yet comprehensive, the text covers essential principles, toxicokinetics, how toxic effects are passed on to succeeding generations, how each body system responds to poisons, and the specific effects of a wide range of toxic agents- from pesticides to radiation.
- A complete basic overview of poisons and their clinical management
- Reflects the expertise of more than fifty renowned contributors
- A summary of important points is included at the beginning of each chapter and multiple-choice review questions appear at the conclusion
- Important chapters on forefront topics such as Analytic/Forensic Toxicology, Clinical Toxicology, Occupational Toxicology, Air Pollution, and Ecotoxicology
Condensed Table of Contents: General Principles of Toxicology, Disposition of Toxicants, Nonorgan-Directed Toxicity, Target Organ Toxicity, Toxic Agents, Environmental Toxicology, Applications of Toxicology.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $57.47. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.