Catalysis: An Integrated Approach to Homogeneous, Heterogeneous and Industrial Catalysis Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: September 1993
File Size: 21528 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
Catalysis is a multidisciplinary activity which is reflected in this book. The editors have chosen a novel combination of basic disciplines – homogeneous catalysis by metal complexes is treated jointly with heterogeneous catalysis with metallic and non-metallic solids. The main theme of the book is the molecular approach to industrial catalysis.
In the introductory section Chapter 1 presents a brief survey of the history of industrial heterogeneous and homogeneous catalysis. Subsequently, a selection of current industrial catalytic processes is described (Chapter 2). A broad spectrum of important catalytic applications is presented, including the basic chemistry, some engineering aspects, feedstock sources and product utilisation. In Chapter 3, kinetic principles are treated.
The section on fundamental catalysis begins with a description of the bonding in complexes and to surfaces (Chapter 4). The elementary steps on complexes and surfaces are described. The chapter on heterogeneous catalysis (5) deals with the mechanistic aspects of three groups of important reactions: syn-gas conversion, hydrogenation, and oxidation. The main principles of metal and metal oxide catalysis are presented. Likewise, the chapter on homogeneous catalysis (6) concentrates on three reactions representing examples from three areas: carbonylation, polymerization, and asymmetric catalysis. Identification by in situ techniques has been included. Many constraints to the industrial use of a catalyst have a macroscopic origin. In applied catalysis it is shown how catalytic reaction engineering deals with such macroscopic considerations in heterogeneous as well as homogeneous catalysis (Chapter 7). The transport and kinetic phenomena in both model reactors and industrial reactors are outlined.
The section on catalyst preparation (Chapters 8 and 9) is concerned with the preparation of catalyst supports, zeolites, and supported catalysts, with an emphasis on general principles and mechanistic aspects. For the supported catalysts the relation between the preparative method and the surface chemistry of the support is highlighted. The molecular approach is maintained throughout. The first chapter (10) in the section on catalyst characterization summarizes the most common spectroscopic techniques used for the characterisation of heterogeneous catalysts such as XPS, Auger, EXAFS, etc. Temperature programmed techniques, which have found widespread application in heterogeneous catalysis both in catalyst characterization and simulation of pretreatment procedures, are discussed in Chapter 11. A discussion of texture measurement, theory and application, concludes this section (12). The final chapter (13) gives an outline of current trends in catalysis. Two points of view are adopted: the first one focusses on developments in process engineering. Most often these have their origin in demands by society for better processes. The second point of view draws attention to the autonomous developments in catalysis, which is becoming one of the frontier sciences of physics and chemistry. In this book emphasis is on those reactions catalyzed by heterogeneous and homogeneous catalysts of industrial relevance. The integrative treatment of the subject matter involves many disciplines, consequently, the writing of the book has been a multi-author task. The editors have carefully planned and harmonized the contents of the chapters.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $72.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.