Cell Culture and Its Application Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
Cell Culture and Its Application covers the proceedings of the First International Cell Culture Congress Symposium, which focuses on how cell culture technology could impact on cell biology. The symposium aims to establish facilities for the cultivation of mammalian cells, which in turn would hopefully enhance basic cell biology research.
The book is organized into four symposium and workshop sessions, encompassing 45 chapters. The opening chapter recognizes the interlocking relationship of cell culture technology and substantive cell biology. Chapters 2-5 describe the biochemical events that mark the cell cycle, with emphasis on occurrence of histone phosphorylation at each cycle. A discussion on cell differentiation, as a phenomena of interacting, inductive, and inhomogeneous cell populations, is included in these chapters. The second symposium session deals with signs of a revolution in progress in cell culture technology. This includes impact of tissue culture in physiological research course and in understanding of integrated physiology.
The last two symposium sessions cover the large-scale production of virus from tissue cultures for cell antigens. An approach to the study of aging using diploid human cells in culture as a model system is also presented. It involves isolation and characterization of HLA antigens from cultured cells and their contribution to the study of disease. A brief discussion on mycoplasma contamination, microplasma-cell-virus interaction, and advantages and limitations of direct and indirect culture for primary isolation and detection of mycoplasma contamination is provided. The book then proceeds by discussing cell differentiation of specific cell or organ, such as testis, sensory cell, hepatocyte, embryonic muscle cell, and brain cortex. The concluding chapters cover nutritional requirements for cell growth, defined culture media for specific cell type, issues and problems related to large-scale cell production, and quality control.
Cell biologists and researchers will find this book invaluable.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $72.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.