Coagulation Disorders: Diagnostic Standards of Care Ebook
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
A Doody’s Core Title 2012
Each day pathologists are faced with ordering laboratory tests with which they are unfamiliar. An incorrectly ordered test or error in interpreting test results can lead to mistakes that compromise patient safety.
Coagulation Disorders is designed to show clinical pathologists, lab managers, medical technologists, and residents how to avoid common errors in test selection and result interpretation in diagnostic coagulation. Utilizing a case-based approach, each chapter features a concise overview of a major diagnosis, with multiple illustrative cases, and then a list of recommended standards of care pertinent to the problem.
Just as it is essential for the practitioner in the diagnosis of bleeding and thrombotic disorders to know the appropriate course of action to establish a diagnosis or to appropriately treat a patient, it is equally essential to also know what not to do. Avoiding the mistakes is a critical first step to optimizing patient outcome and maximizing patient safety.
Features of Coagulation Disorders include:
- An emphasis on identifying established, evidence-based standards in coagulation testing
- Actual case illustrations of commonly seen errors as well as the result of those errors on patient outcome and laboratory management
- Examples of errors which compromise patient safety across all major areas of laboratory medicine
- Pocket-sized for portability
About the Series
A key issue for every laboratory and individual laboratory practitioner is the assessment of risk and a current working knowledge of the standards of care established for diagnostic testing via guidelines, major studies and trials. The Diagnostic Standards of Care series presents common errors associated with diagnoses in clinical pathology, using case examples to illustrate effective analysis based on current evidence and standards. In addition to being practical diagnostic guides, each volume demonstrates the use of quality assurance and the role of the pathologist in ensuring quality and patient safety.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $52.15. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.