Community Mental 'Elf Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: June 2011
File Size: 340 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
This book is a very powerful addition to the current range of mental health texts, there really is nothing like it because this is Karen’s experience and as such unique whilst at the same time gut wrenchingly familiar. It highlights the fundamental problem a service user faces when their opinion conflicts with the service providers…It highlights with painful accuracy the effects of compromised communication across services, poor care planning, inconsistent adherence to care plans, the fear associated with being given the wrong diagnosis, or being written off as a troublesome and complaining patient. It also shows the reader the power of decent and skilled practitioners and the massive difference they can make to a clients motivation to remain engaged with services that have challenged them. This is a story of struggle, of crisis and of compassion and as such a worthy experience to learn from. – By Naomi Sharples – Director of Mental Health & Learning Disabilities Nursing, University of Salford, Manchester Description Cycling her usual journey home from work, Karen was attacked by four lads. It shattered her life. Karen only disclosed the nature of the assault late 2007, having been sufficiently provoked by mental health services who had attributed her general failure to cope with life with a personality disorder diagnosis. This book charts Karen’s journey within the mental health system when she decided to complain about the ‘care’ she received, the complaints process, the responses she received and the effect on her care – both positive and negative. Karen hopes that it will offer encouragement to those who may find themselves in a similar position in the knowledge that despite how bad things may seem, there is always someone willing to listen and to help you try to change things, and encourage healthcare providers to reflect upon what they bring to the process of recovery. The mental health Trust didn’t want Karen to publish this book as it is. They wanted to impose what was acceptable to them, and in doing so created considerable distress and further isolated Karen from the support she needs. This made Karen more determined to publish her story, as it happened. The mental health system is only as good as the people willing to question it. About the Author One day, something happens and you know that life will never be the same again. It can happen to any one of us. When it happened to Karen, she chose to cope by attempting to carry on as normal. It didn’t work very well and Karen became severely depressed and one of the many who rely on mental health services to help them. Karen is an experienced Occupational Therapist. She also has a post graduate diploma in cognitive behavioural therapy and is a member of the Association of Occupational Therapists in Mental Health; the Association of Occupational Therapists in HIV/Aids, Oncology and Palliative Care and the British Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Psychotherapies. As a healthcare professional, Karen has been shocked by the actions of some of the healthcare professionals involved in her care and the rigidity of the mental health system. What do you do, can you do when the people in a position to help make the journey to recovery even more difficult? Between then and now Karen has had mostly unsuccessful visits to hospital, attempted suicide, trialled a variety of drugs, received counselling and cognitive behavioural therapy, been the subject of discrimination within the workplace and generally viewed as a difficult patient who complains a lot. Karen believes a willingness to listen and understand, flexibility in how mental health services respond to individual needs and compassion for another human being would go a long way to improving the patient’s journey through services.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $9.47. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.