Comparing, Designing, and Deploying VPNs Ebook
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- e-Book can be copied on up to 6 devices that must have the same Adobe ID
- We can only keep the download on our site until the ebook publishers/distributors authorize us to do so. Please keep a backup.
- Printing is permitted.
- Copying 108 text selections every 30 days is allowed.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: March 2007
File Size: 22419 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature is available.
- Printing is permitted.
- Copying 108 text selections every 30 days is allowed.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
A practical guide for comparing, designing, and deploying IPsec, MPLS Layer 3, L2TPv3, L2TPv2, AToM, and SSL virtual private networks
- Explore the major VPN technologies and their applications, design, and configurations on the Cisco IOS® Router, Cisco® ASA 5500 Series, and the Cisco VPN 3000 Series Concentrator platforms
- Compare the various VPN protocols and technologies, learn their advantages and disadvantages, and understand their real-world applications and methods of integration
- Find out how to design and implement Secure Socket Layer (SSL) VPNs, including consideration of clientless operation, the Cisco SSL VPN Client, the Cisco Secure Desktop, file and web server access, e-mail proxies, and port forwarding
- Learn how to deploy scalable and secure IPsec and L2TP remote access VPN designs, including consideration of authentication, encryption, split-tunneling, high availability, load-balancing, and NAT transparency
- Master scalable IPsec site-to-site VPN design and implementation including configuration of security protocols and policies, multiprotocol/ multicast traffic transport, NAT/PAT traversal, quality of service (QoS), Dynamic Multipoint VPNs (DMVPNs), and public key infrastructure (PKI)
Virtual private networks (VPNs) enable organizations to connect offices or other sites over the Internet or a service provider network and allow mobile or home-based users to enjoy the same level of productivity as those who are in the same physical location as the central network. However, with so many flavors of VPNs available, companies and providers are often hard pressed to identify, design, and deploy the VPN solutions that are most appropriate for their particular network architecture and service needs.
Comparing, Designing, and Deploying VPNs brings together the most popular VPN technologies for convenient reference. The book examines the real-world operation, application, design, and configuration of the following site-to-site VPNs: Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol version 3 (L2TPv3)-based Layer 2 VPNs (L2VPN); Any Transport over MPLS (AToM)-based L2VPN; MPLS Layer 3-based VPNs; and IP Security (IPsec)-based VPNs. The book covers the same details for the following remote access VPNs: Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol version 2 (L2TPv2) VPNs; L2TPv3 VPNs; IPsec-based VPNs; and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) VPNs. Through the operation, application, and configuration details offered in each chapter, you’ll learn how to compare and contrast the numerous types of VPN technologies, enabling you to consider all relevant VPN deployment options and select the VPN technologies that are most appropriate for your network.
Comparing, Designing, and Deploying VPNs begins with an introduction of the types of VPNs available. Subsequent chapters begin with an overview of the technology, followed by an examination of deployment pros and cons that you can use to determine if the particular VPN technology is appropriate for your network. Detailed discussion of design, deployment, and configuration make up the heart of each chapter. Appendix A offers insight into two multipoint emulated LAN services that can be deployed over a MAN or WAN: Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) and IP-only Private LAN Service (IPLS).
If you are a network architect, network engineer, network administrator, an IT manager, or CIO involved in selecting, designing, deploying, and supporting VPNs, you’ll find Comparing, Designing, and Deploying VPNs to be an indispensable reference.
This book is part of the Cisco Press® Networking Technology Series, which offers networking professionals valuable information for constructing efficient networks, understanding new technologies, and building successful careers.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $64.00. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.