Comprehensive Emergency Management for Local Governments: Demystifying Emergency Planning Ebook
Publication Date: July 2010
File Size: 26231 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is not permitted.
- You cannot copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once downloaded are non-refundable. View return policy .
COMPREHENSIVE EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT FOR LOCAL GOVERNMENTS: DEMYSTIFYING EMERGENCY PLANNING is a “how-to” guide for staff in small to mid-sized local governments. It is incumbent upon such local authorities to be as prepared as possible for the natural and human-caused emergencies that seem to be occurring with greater frequency throughout North America, whether large or small, urban or rural. Preparing for such an eventuality is not ad hoc or sporadic: it follows a logical process considering a wide range of important aspects well beyond what is traditionally considered emergency preparedness. Comprehensive Emergency Management (CEM) is a framework intended to guide novice emergency planners through the complete process of mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery. This work also includes an introductory chapter on the nature of local government emergency planning and a final chapter of tips on “putting it all together.” Between these are detailed chapters on each of the four phases of comprehensive emergency management. The Mitigation chapter provides a thorough review of the concept of risk, risk assessment, management and communication. The Preparedness chapter constructs the preparedness plan which is an assembly of a general emergency management plan, four common priority plans covering public information, emergency social services, evacuation and telecommunications, and finally, hazard-specific preparedness plans for each hazard facing a community. The Response chapter covers the unique nature of response where the preparedness plan is put into use. Specifically, it addresses the scale of response by discussing mutual aid and supplementary resources. The Recovery chapter touches on the three cornerstones of recovery: staff, facilities and services. It also includes comments on the unique end to emergencies in addressing “Returning to Normal.” Together they lead the emergency planner through the detailed process of compiling a comprehensive emergency management plan for their community. Beyond simply having the plan prepared, this book conveys the dynamic life of such a plan by stressing “the other 80%,” which is training and exercising. Creating a training matrix for staff and developing a timetable of graduated exercises are those important steps beyond writing the plan that instill its principles and procedures. The book offers helpful advice on how a local government undertakes comprehensive emergency planning, who is assigned what tasks, and the ongoing obligations of those with such responsibilities. It is a treatment of the entire process of which writing a plan is only one part. There are many aspects to managing a successful, but more importantly effective, local government emergency program that are often overlooked by the novice or part-time emergency planner. This book provides a truly comprehensive view that any local government will benefit from.
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- We retrieve ratings from several sources on the web for your convenience. They are often good enough indicator of the work. In addition, you can also read Reviews.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $24.64. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (usually between 3 to 6) compatible devices.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.
IPad or IPhone
Free app Bluefire Reader required.