CompTIA Linux+/LPIC-1 Ebook
Training and Exam Preparation Guide (Exam Codes: LX0-103/101-400 and LX0-104/102-400)
Sorry, this ebook is not available for sale. Please take a look at other works by author, or good alternatives from the same category.
The CompTIA Linux+/LPIC-1 Training and Exam Preparation Guide, First Edition is a comprehensive resource designed and written with one fundamental goal in mind: teach Linux in an easy and practical manner while preparing for the Linux+/LPIC-1 exams. This book provides an in-depth coverage of all official exam objectives.
This book is organized in two parts: Part One covers LX0-103/101-400 exam objectives and Part Two covers LX0-104/102-400 exam objectives. The book includes hands-on examples, step-by-step exercises, chapter-end review of concepts, files, and commands learned, and 790 challenging practice questions.
This book uses “learn-by-doing” methodology. It begins with guidance on how to download a virtualization software and two Linux distribution versions and then provides instructions on how to create VMs and install Linux in them to set up a lab environment for hands-on learning. Throughout the book, appropriate command prompts are employed to identify the lab system and user to run a command. Each command and task presented in the book was actually performed and tested on lab systems.
Followed by the lab environment setup in Part One, the book presents the essentials of Linux incl. interaction with Linux, basic commands, file management (permissions, ownership, linking, searching, special permissions, editing), filter programs, regex, shell features, and process handling. Subsequent topics focus on system administration incl. shared libraries, Debian and RPM package management, system boot and initialization, hardware management, kernel modules, storage partitioning, file system creation and repairs, quota handling, and swap space administration. This brings Part One to an end and you should be able to take the quiz in Appendix A to test your readiness for the LX0-103/101-400 exam.
Part Two covers all the objectives for the LX0-104/102-400 exam. It covers shell scripts with a presentation and line-by-line analysis of several scripts. Building a simple SQL database and performing queries comes next. A detailed comprehension of local authentication files, user creation, password aging, and shell startup files follows. The book covers networking concepts, reference models, and terms that accompany exercises on interface configuration, hostname change, and route management. A discussion of network testing and debugging tools is furnished and their usage is demonstrated, followed by topics on internationalization, localization, time synchronization, name resolution, X Window, display/desktop managers, accessibility options, printer and print queue administration, task scheduling, system logging, system and service access controls, emailing and email aliasing, searching for special files, and so on. This brings Part Two to an end and you should be able to take the quiz in Appendix C to test your readiness for the LX0-104/102-400 exam.
- 100% coverage of ALL official exam objectives (version 4.0)
- Enumerated and descriptive knowledge areas (under exam objectives) to assist in identifying and locating them
- A summarized and convenient view showing exam objectives, chapters they are discussed in, associated weights, the number of questions to expect on the real exam, and other useful information
- Separate section on each exam
- 15 chapters in total (8 for LX0-103/101-400 and 7 for LX0-104/102-400)
- Detailed guidance on building lab environment
- 49 tested, hands-on exercises with explanation
- Numerous tested, practical examples for clarity and understanding
- Chapter-end one-sentence review of key topics
- 790 single-response, multiple-response, and fill-in-the-blank practice questions/answers to test your knowledge of the material and exam readiness
- Equally good for self-study and in-class training
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $31.20. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Reader required.
Most Android devices already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Kindle Fire (and any Android based Kindle models)
Kindle Should be able to open this format natively.
IPad or IPhone
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open this format. In case your hardware doesn't, then Adobe Reader may need to be installed.
Several Other devices supported
Most iPhone/iPad devices may already have ability to open PDF or EPub this format. Please refer to your device's documentation to ensure that there is support.