Computer Organization and Design, Revised Printing: The Hardware/Software Interface Ebook
The Hardware/Software Interface
You're about to purchase a Downloadable Ebook
Hi, sorry for the interruption!
We're repeating some important information here to ensure that you're making an informed purchase. Please review it.
- Don't get caught unaware. Preview ebook and open the sample ebook on each of your intended devices before continuing.
- You will need a Free 3rd-party application that can read the intermediate .acsm file you will receive as download. PDF/Epub format is downloaded automatically by the application thereafter. Please install the necessary software first on your intended device of use.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
Refunds are not allowed after the ebook is opened so please open the ebook directly on your intended device. Refund requests should be recieved within 7 days after download is made available. Of course, if you get an incorrect ebook ( different from what is mentioned in the title) or if the ebook doesn't open on the initial device, then we'll assist with fixing the issue or get you a refund if a timely fix isn't available.
We currently only provide ticket (online form submission) or email support. Rest assured that you're in good hands; customers like our professional service!
Publication Date: June 2007
File Size: 18615 Kbytes
Restrictions set by Publisher:
- Text-to-speech feature not available.
- Printing is permitted.
- You can copy text from file.
- Free application Adobe Digital Editions, Aldiko reader, or Bluefire reader required .
- Check Supported devices and software requirements .
- Ebooks once opened are non-refundable. View return policy .
- OnlineBookPlace.com Store Reviews on Google and Yahoo
(E-Books do not include any DVD or CD with the purchase.)
What’s New in the Third Edition, Revised Printing
The same great book gets better! This revised printing features all of the original content along with these additional features:
• Appendix A (Assemblers, Linkers, and the SPIM Simulator) has been moved from the CD-ROM into the printed book
• Corrections and bug fixes
Third Edition features
New pedagogical features
• Understanding Program Performance -
Analyzes key performance issues from the programmer’s perspective
• Check Yourself Questions
- Helps students assess their understanding of key points of a section
• Computers In the Real World
- Illustrates the diversity of applications of computing technology beyond traditional desktop and servers
• For More Practice
- Provides students with additional problems they can tackle
• In More Depth
- Presents new information and challenging exercises for the advanced student
New reference features
• Highlighted glossary terms and definitions appear on the book page, as bold-faced entries in the index, and as a separate and searchable reference on the CD.
• A complete index of the material in the book and on the CD appears in the printed index and the CD includes a fully searchable version of the same index.
• Historical Perspectives and Further Readings have been updated and expanded to include the history of software R&D.
• CD-Library provides materials collected from the web which directly support the text.
In addition to thoroughly updating every aspect of the text to reflect the most current computing technology, the third edition
• Uses standard 32-bit MIPS 32 as the primary teaching ISA.
• Presents the assembler-to-HLL translations in both C and Java.
• Highlights the latest developments in architecture in Real Stuff sections: -
Intel IA-32 -
Power PC 604
- Google’s PC cluster
- Pentium P4
- SPEC CPU2000 benchmark suite for processors
- SPEC Web99 benchmark for web servers
- EEMBC benchmark for embedded systems
- AMD Opteron memory hierarchy
- AMD vs. 1A-64
New support for distinct course goals
Many of the adopters who have used our book throughout its two editions are refining their courses with a greater hardware or software focus. We have provided new material to support these course goals:
New material to support a Hardware Focus
• Using logic design conventions
• Designing with hardware description languages
• Advanced pipelining
• Designing with FPGAs
• HDL simulators and tutorials
• Xilinx CAD tools
New material to support a Software Focus
• How compilers work
• How to optimize compilers
• How to implement object oriented languages
• MIPS simulator and tutorial
• History sections on programming languages, compilers, operating systems and databases
On the CD
• NEW: Search function to search for content on both the CD-ROM and the printed text
• CD-Bars: Full length sections that are introduced in the book and presented on the CD
• CD-Appendixes: Appendices B-D
• CD-Library: Materials collected from the web which directly support the text
• CD-Exercises: For More Practice provides exercises and solutions for self-study
• In More Depth presents new information and challenging exercises for the advanced or curious student
• Glossary: Terms that are defined in the text are collected in this searchable reference
• Further Reading: References are organized by the chapter they support
• Software: HDL simulators, MIPS simulators, and FPGA design tools
• Tutorials: SPIM, Verilog, and VHDL
• Additional Support: Processor Models, Labs, Homeworks, Index covering the book and CD contents
Should you buy this Ebook?
We've put together a collection of resources to help you make a decision regarding whether you should buy this Ebook from us.
- Is your device one of these? Ebook reading software will work on the following devices: Windows, Mac, Android 2.2+ Devices, IPad (iOS 3+), IPhone (iOS 3+), Kindle Fire. Several other devices are also supported by the software.
- Compare prices. Our price is $64.95. If you would like to research our competitors to see their prices. Here're some places to look:
Why should you buy Ebooks from onlinebookplace.com?
We've had 1000s of downloads so far and with over 300000+ Ebooks to choose from, onlinebookplace.com is becoming a favorite Ebook Store for many. Allow us to win you over with our competitive pricing, upfront policies and diligent customer service.
- Every Ebook page on onlinebookplace.com has information on restrictions that publishers have placed on the Ebook along with a clear indication of software required to read the Ebooks.
- If ratings for an Ebook are available from one of several sources online, then we've attempted to get those to help you make a better purchasing decision about the Ebook. Reviews from Goodreads (a popular reviews site) are provided on the same if they're available.
- In most cases, we've also attempted to get you links to the Ebook on our competitor's site so that you can compare prices with relative ease.
- We use McAfee to scan for any vulnerabilities in the system to ensure that any information that you give us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- We use Paypal, a trusted 3rd party payment provider to accept Payments -- your payment information doen't reside with us. Any information that does end up with us is safe.
After installing the appropriate app for your device, try a Sample Download (Sherlock Holmes from Project Gutenberg) before purchase. The sample is only for checking device compatibility.
Check below for device compatibility and any free 3rd-party software requirements. Choice of what ebook reading app to use is yours, we only present a few common apps that several customers of ours have preferred. You should be able to transfer your purchase to more than one (upto 6) compatible devices as long as your ebook-reading apps have been registered with the same Adobe ID before opening the file.
Windows/Mac PC or Laptop
Free app Adobe Digital Editions required. Note that this software is not the same as Adobe Reader.